Blogger Templates

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012


Guess what? Next time I email you I will be in New Mexico! We fly out early Monday morning. We're leaving the MTC at like 5 or something like that. First off mom, I did get your package and the letter! Thanks! We have been enjoying the cookies, candy and playing with that ball you sent me. We can throw it as hard as we want and it doesn't really hurt. Good stuff. Then Brittin, thank you for the package as well! Those cookies were just as amazing. You all might be wondering if I am gaining any weight, the answer is no. I have actually lost quite a bit. I don't know why because I eat like there is no tomorrow during every meal and me and Elder Kemp work out every night. (Don't worry we took pictures) Speaking of pictures Ben thank you for the pictures of Benson, he looks as neat as ever!

This week had its ups and downs, mainly ups though. I absolutely love Sundays here, they are awesome. The Sunday night firesides and Tuesday night devotionals are my absolute favorite. Oh! dad, one of my teachers here is Brother Warner. he served in our mission back home and he remembered you, he said he even has been to our house a couple of times. He said to see if you remembered the elders that wrecked their car into a snow bank? That was him! He is awesome, he has an amazing testimony and amazing stories, he was part of the very first invasion in Iraq, crazy stories. My other teachers are Brother Welsh and Sister Evans. Brother Welsh like David also went to the South Africa MTC but did not serve in the same mission as David. He's my favorite teacher by far though.

The cool thing for this week, the second counselor in our branch presidency knows Navajo! He has been giving those that want it little extra classes to kind of teach us the language. It's legit! I can greet you, say goodbye, ask how you are, and almost sorta kinda bear my testimony, but mainly just say I am a mormon. Testimony is the goal before I leave. I also enjoy tricking the Spanish speaking missionaries into thinking that I am Spanish speaking as well, who knew I would learn so much in high school. ha! It's weird the stuff I can understand and remember in Spanish. Well time is almost up, time to hit the gym I believe, I will miss playing basketball the most out of everything! It's way fun.

Well I love you all and the church is so true! HAGONE'!
Elder Turnbow

No comments:

Post a Comment