Blogger Templates

Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Many... have been prepared by the Lord." PMG p. 177

Hello!
  
   This week was a good week! Lots of great things happened. Monday, Tuesday, and most of Wednesday we were down in El Paso doing exchanges with the zone leaders and visiting missionaries who needed a "pick me up" It was a successful trip. I really wish I spoke better Spanish. The Mexicans love it when you try though, so they get a kick out of it.
                    Let me share a very powerful experience that happened while on exchanges with Elder Rosales in Sunland Park. It's a city that is right on the border of Mexico. We were in a lesson with a new investigator, and of course it was in Spanish so I couldn't do much, but I could follow enough to know that it was going super well. Elder Rosales got to the first vision and I started praying for the spirit to touch this man. As he began I immediately recognized that wonderful feeling come into the room. The investigator could feel it as well, and at the close of the first vision we sat in silence as the spirit penetrated his heart. It was the longest silence I have ever had in a lesson, and it wasn't awkward at all. It was a powerful moment, and though I don't speak the language, it was a lesson I will never forget. The next words that were spoken were about baptism, and he accepted the invitation and set a date for November 16.

We taught Randy the Plan of Salvation this week and he loved it! We set his baptism date for November 27th! It's the Wednesday right before Thanksgiving. His Fiance comes into town on Sunday, baptism Wednesday, Thanksgiving Thursday, Friday the team travels to Idaho, and they play Boise State on Saturday! You all should go. haha Sunday after church we went with Tyson and Randy and we walked around the temple grounds. I love that place. We asked him how he felt and his words were. "I feel at peace, I think I am feeling the spirit"  It was a great walk around the grounds.  You might even say it was a walk to remember...

Saturday morning we taught a new investigator named Monica. A few weeks back she felt the need to go through her old bible study stuff. She realized she didn't have a King James version of the Bible, so she ordered one, and two Mormon missionaries showed up at her door with a bible! The Elders handed her off to us and we taught her for the first time Saturday, and she came to church Yesterday! Over and over again on my mission I have been reminded of a sentence in Preach My Gospel on page 177 that says "Many of the investigators you teach have been prepared by the Lord."

Our new branch presidency is awesome, and hilarious. Their first Sunday was great! 

Congrats on the district championship Matt! Way ta be. Good luck this week!

I'm glad Dylan had a good experience in the temple, it's a great place!

Have a good week everybody! Thanks for the pictures of my new niece! She's a cute one! 

Elder Turnbow 


No comments:

Post a Comment