Blogger Templates

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

National TV?

Transfers are actually today and Elder Weston and I  are still together for at least another transfer! (fist bump) We are pretty excited because we both feel like Albuquerque will explode this transfer! So about 19 missionaries went home this transfer and not very many new ones came out. So we actually lost a companionship in our district and they combined two areas. Which kinda stinks, but hey, it's ok. Oh ya, So Elder Foster is now here in the mission! He's from Aberdeen. I have not seen him yet, but Elder Duffin (also from Aberdeen) has seen him. I am hoping that he gets put into our district! We need some more guys from West Side to come here so I am not outnumbered by the Tigers!
Albuquerque North Valley District

So cool that Elder Willden came to visit. I miss that fool! Sounds like you guys had a good ole time with all the family too. It's crazy that my best friend Mr. Brady Bingham gets married this Saturday! I'm excited to hear how the boys come together this year as a football team. I feel like a domination season is in the making. Dylan-- not bad that you weighed in at 181! That's about what I weigh in the mornings before I even eat anything... You probably have a lot more muscle than I do though... haha!


Elder Willden visits Gunner in Weston!
 So this week was another good and fun week! We found an awesome family to teach! Mom and two kids. It was actually a referral from a member who lives in a different area but the referral lives in our area. Her name is Joey Green. We met with her once and it went great. We are meeting with her again tonight to give her a church tour and teach her. So excited for that lesson!
Oh ya guess what!!??? Elder Weston and I have a shot at being on TV this week! Yes, it's true. So Bryan Baker has his championship fight this Friday night at 6 on MTV2. (Ya'll better find a way to watch it!!) So for his introduction and everything, they had to film a ton of stuff about him like everyday life and stuff. So we got filmed reading scriptures and teaching him. Cool, huh? It was pretty fun that's for sure. So watch for us! I hope I look ok. haha
Bryan Baker
So we had an awesome lesson with Ted Ortiz this last week. (He is the guy who has come to church for the past 2 years but wouldn't let the missionaries teach him) His wife is a member and they have 4 really young special needs kids that they adopted. Very amazing story. We went in with a lesson plan, but the spirit prompted otherwise. We ended up just sharing spiritual experiences, and we got him to open up and the wife told a very spritual experience. We felt prompted to ask him the question why he now wanted us to teach him. After a pretty long pause and the spirit working on him, he responded that he wanted us to help him know how to become a member of the church! Wow, it was powerful! Then at church Sunday his wife told us that they had watched the Joseph Smith DVD that we left them, and that he got real emotional during it. We are super excited to go back and teach him this week. Not to put any pressure on us or anything, but every member keeps telling us that if we can pull this one off, Elder Weston and I will go down in North Valley history. Let's do it!!!!!
I wish I could tell you every little thing that happens because it's awesome. But I know it would take too long and you would all probably get bored :) Just know that it is all worth it! All the hard times that happen every day are always made up for with even greater experiences throughout the week. I would be lying if I said it was easy. But I can say it's worth it.
I love and miss you all! You are always in my prayers and I think about you often. (Not too often though :) ) Thanks for the emails and all the love!!!
Elder Turnbow  
PS. We went bowling for Pday again. Still got it, Frank! Not as good as you though, Dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment