Blogger Templates

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Farewell, North Valley. Hello, Panorama Heights!



        
 Hey Hey Hey!
   Lost to firth!? hmm no worries I knew they would be tough. Don't they still have that Orme kid? Dang why did we lose?? I haven't got Dads email yet and he always fills in the details so I will wait to read that. Just bounce back and take down Rich OK? You've lost once so don't let it happen again. I mean let's face it, you have now tasted the bitter so you will know to prize the good. (That's in Moses :)  ) That's all I will say about that.    Friday morning though after district meeting I was talking to Elder Foster (from Aberdeen) and he so kindly reminded me that it was the starting day for Idaho high school football. Darn him! Needless to say I was picturing it in my head all night.Good stuff! Elder Weston has a little brother who is a senior starting middle line backer for Mountain Crest so it was a tough night... haha
 So about my subject and why I am emailing today and not tomorrow. Well... On Wednesday Elder Weston got a call from President Miller and told him that he will be training a new missionary! He'll do awesome! That means that we will no longer be companions though and that I am getting transferred. So the week went on and then last night I got a call from President Miller as well and he called me to be a zone leader. Kind of caught me by surprise with that one! I am nervous but excited. It narrows down where I will be going though because there are 7 zones and we narrowed it down to only 2 where a zone leader is either getting transferred or stepping down. I will probably go to either Los Cruses or Panorama Heights outside of Rio Rancho. Panorama Heights would be sweet because that's my old zone. Santa Fe is in that zone so I could go there on exchanges!
It stinks to have to leave North Valley though and Elder Weston. I have really grown close to the people here and Elder Weston just rocks. We have a ton of fun together it's not even funny! I said goodbyes yesterday to Bryan, Megan, and then the Ortiz family. The rest will be tonight. I am going to miss those guys! Bryan has already planned a trip to come to the farm the summer of 2014 and have some fun! I remember having to leave Santa Fe and that was super hard, well it's just as hard to leave this area, I don't like that part of it.
It sounds like your talk was great mom! You always do an awesome job. Scary with that accident I am glad nobody got hurt. I am glad you were able to go to Brady and Macis reception! I got a letter from Brady last week and he sounds great! did you ever happen to get an announcement? So cool about kenny!! We email back and forth a little bit, I am glad he is doing great!
Well it's time to go enjoy my last Pday here with the awesome Elders! Thank you Mom and Dad for the way you raised me. I think about how lucky I am to have amazing parents like you. You would both be my number 1 and number 2 picks in the draft. (You can decide who would be one :) ) I love you and everybody from the bottom of my heart, even you Dylan and Matt. Thanks for everything!
        
                                      Your Son,   
                                   Elder Dallas Turnbow


Albuquerque North Valley District           August 2012



A little later in the day:

Hey, I got transfered this morning and my new area is Panorama Heights! So no surprise there.  That is what we had guessed. My new companion is Elder Chalk and I am super stoked about that! He goes home in 12 weeks though so chances are I will be killing him (the missionary who is his companion when he goes home)  Our zone is called the Rio Rancho Santa Fe zone so my old area in Santa Fe is in our zone! Which means I will be going there on exchanges I believe! Jenny will have to sign up to feed us when I get up there agian :)
      Anyway thanks for your email, Dad, it was good to hear from ya. I'm pretty sure we email here on Monday morning for the heads up. I am super stoked for this area. Elder Willden served here and my first zone leaders when I was in Santa Fe were here. Hopefully I have a little more to report next Monday!

 Have a great week and please let's beat Rich! I'm glad Dylan  played well though, the kid is a beast! Coach Moser will have things figured out for Friday no doubt. I was way glad to hear that matt played well!
       Well have fun on the farm! love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment