Blogger Templates

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Method to contact people-- Don't try this at home!


Hey everybody!
 
The pics of the goal posts are sweet! Nice work fellas! That's fun that Ben and Brittin are there with Benson and that you will have Ben to help you. I'm exciting to get more updates on the football games!!!!
 
         So Friday evening was the baptism of Ted Ortiz, but the excitement for that day started pretty early in the morning! Elder Weston and I were driving to district meeting (Elder Weston was driving) and we got in a wreck. We were going about 50 and this girl pulled out from the right lane and tried to go from her lane all the way to flip a U. Obviously she didn't see us, but Elder Weston reacted fast and swerved hard to the left to we didn't TBone her (that probably would've been deadly).  She didn't stop though and ended up hitting us on my side. Between the swerve and the hit I got tossed around pretty good, but I'm all good!  Dylan could probably hit harder....Everybody was fine. I had to kick open my door to get out and our one side was beat up pretty good. Her front bumper and headlight was torn off. We felt bad for her because she had just bought the Nissan Extera 2 weeks earlier! She was 26 and her 20 year old sister was with her.  We ended up contacting them, but they live in Los Luna. Hopefully they will listen to the missionaries down there! President Miller called us that night to see if we were ok. When we told him we contacted the two girls and even talked to the police about missionary work, he laughed and said that he's heard of many ways to find new investigators but that one, though effective, might not be the safest! It was funny.
 
            Friday night was just amazing though! It was an incredible night with the Ortiz family. They were all glowing and just beaming from ear to ear! It was special to be in the water with Ted as well, and then Elder Weston was able to confirm him Sunday and give him the priesthood, that was awesome.
 


           Mom you asked me if I had been writing in me journal, and the answer is yes. You would be proud of me I rarely miss a night. Who said anything about you getting to read it though? :) haha
 
        So besides the baptism this last week and even the start of this week has been a little tough... We are losing investigators. Between them dropping us, moving, not being in our area, or for whatever reason, our teaching pool is suffering a little bit so we have been desperately praying and trying to find new investigators! We will though.
 
         Transfers are next week so we will find out what is going to happen sometime this week....



The Albuquerque Temple with Elder Weston



Lets see what else... I don't really know... Any questions or anything in paticular you would like me to email about? The church is true, so hey, everything is good! I love you all!
 
                                                     Elder Turnbow
 
PS. Frank (T-Bone) I was very happy to read in the last Sunday letter that you were able to go golfing!   Why do they call it golf? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment