Blogger Templates

Thursday, March 21, 2013


Dear Ma,
 
     I am still alive.
 
Sorry for not emailing sooner. There has been zero time to get around to it! Let me explain why...
 
  Monday we had 29 new missionaries arrive to our mission, 18 of them were sisters! At the airport they just kept coming and coming and coming! it was so cool! We had the big transfer van, 2 other regular vans, and then we were driving a truck, and we barely had enough room for all of them plus their luggage. So monday was spent running around like crazy helping all of them, and getting things ready for transfer Tuesday. Monday we also take all of the new missionaries out knocking doors for an hour or so. I took an Elder Espinoza! Macies cousin right? It was a good time, he did just fine! I didn't know he was her cousin until reading your email today. He went down south, but I will see if I can talk to him in the future. 

  Tuesday started out crazy at 5 in the morning. We walked out to our car to find out it had been broken into, and all our stuff was stolen. The main things of mine that got stolen were my GPS, and all the things that come with that, and then just my fake Oakley Sunglasses. They also stole all of our supplies! (BoM's, mormon.org cards, pamphlets, and so forth.) Maybe something good will come from it? Hope so! Tuesday was very busy with transfers, and getting everybody situated into their new areas. We now have two new areas in our zone! Our area split which we are very excited about, now we serve with sisters in the ward as well! We have handed them over a few investigators which is kinda sad for us, but they will take good care of them no doubt! They call our zone the iron pony express! Almost all the companionships are on bikes, our sisters are tough!
 
  It sounds like things are good and well at home though! Good to hear spring is near! Bonus points for rhyming? Yup! The weather is absolutely gorgeous here this time of year!
 
  Last week we had a lesson with Brother Thompson, the husband of a member. It was one of the most powerful lessons I have been a part of on my mission. It's impossible to describe in words how it went, or even what was said. What I can remember is we taught the BoM, and the conversion power behind it.
 
  Sunday we had an awesome thing happen! We walked into church early as usual, and saw a lady sitting on the back row, we both looked at each other and said "Why does she look so familiar!?" It was Dana! Dana is somebody we knocked into my second day in the area. For our door approach we simply invited her to church, and she didn't seem too interested. So the weeks go by, we tried contacting her a couple times with no luck, and then over a month later she shows up at church! She said "I just felt like I needed to come" Things like that don't happen every day, it was truly a miracle. I will keep you updated as we teach her.
 
Things are simply great here, I am so thankful for each and every day. Wouldn't give it up for anything. I really feel like I am even coming to love the hard times, as weird as that may sound. 
 
Have a great week and I'll hear from ya soooon!!!
 
Love, Elder Turnbow  
 
  Here is a quick little think for you to laugh at.... A little taste of knocking doors sometimes.. A man opens the door and we hear the F word 5 plus times in probably 10 seconds. One sentence he said, "If you come back here again I'll shoot you in the face!"  I have a hard time not talking back at people like that, but I held my tongue. Good stuff.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment