Blogger Templates

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"Thank you for letting me play such a small part in such an incredible work!"


So we have a little rap that we sing and it goes like this......  "So much to do and so little time uh.  o much to do and so little time ya. So much to do that I don't know what to do!!!! "    That's the best I can do to describe my life. haha
 
   Sounds like state was a blast! Congrats to the boys on a mighty fine season!
 
Dad you asked me about a couple things so I will address them to begin. I have really enjoyed my first few weeks with Elder Eaton! He is 26 so a little older than me, it's kind of like serving with Ben or David. Cool huh? We have a good time together. We don't drop by the mission office, they call us and have us go over. We are having a huge influx of missionaries in the next couple of months so we have been going  like crazy moving furniture into apartments and figuring out where to put them all! It's kind of funny because we have a huge transfer van with a trailer, and the senior couple Elder who is in charge of all vehicles refuses to drive it with the trailer on. He calls us once or twice a week and has me drive it all around ABQ with furniture in the trailer. President told him I wouldn't mind, and I don't! It's not like driving a truck and trailer on the farm, but it's still pretty fun.
 
The Thompsons, who I have mentioned before, all came to church yesterday! The dad has investigated the church for 26 years and they have the two adopted kids Audrey and John. We had a really good lesson with them yesterday as well, they are an amazing family!
 
We had a very cool experience this last week. A member of the ward called us and told us to go give a blessing to a part member family who we have never met. The girlfriend of the non member was going into surgery the next day for her knee. We sat down on the couch to get to know them a little before the blessing and the spirit just came like a rush of wind and said, "Teach them about baptism and invite him to be baptized!" I was thinking, I don't even know these people and we've been here for two minutes! I looked at Elder Eaton and he was looking at me, I knew he was getting the same impressions. So we went with it. It was a short and powerful lesson and we invited him to be baptized. He said he would. They need to get married and that's really the only hang up they've had in the past. I love following the spirit.
 
Also this week we had dinner with another part member family we are teaching. The wife is not a member. Midway through dinner she says "Oh ya, I've quit smoking." I about choked on whatever i was eating! She comes to church every week but hasn't wanted to give up smoking. It was so great to hear her say that! We set a baptism date with her for March 16!
 
Saturday night as we were leaving our last appointment and as I was backing Elder Eaton out  I looked up into the beautiful ABQ night sky and simply said, "Heavenly Father, thank you for letting me play a small part in such an incredible work." I can't describe the feeling I felt. It's like trying to describe what milk tastes like to somebody who has never had it before. It's.... amazing?? I love it.
 
Well my time is short I could go on and on. But today has a good meaning... MARCH 4th everybody!!!
 
Love, Elder Turnbow
 
Ps. Here is a deep thought for the day...   Life is what if's divided by time.

No comments:

Post a Comment