Blogger Templates

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bring it on!

Elder Ballif, the Millers, Dallas


Hey!
  
          Portland Oregon! That is super sweet. Elder Vial lived there for 6 months for work, and he loved it! He says he has a referral for you Dylan, a girl he used to date who is not a member. One of my favorite companions Elder Johnson is from there! I was with him last Christmas when we skyped home remember? He will be super pumped. You will have to take him teaching with you when he his home from BYU. 

         Yes I am a little bummed that I won't get to see him, but you gotta do it for the flock. Maybe I can extend my mission and go serve with him for a transfer. Haha anyway, I am stoked! It will be awesome to get to serve at the same time. 

         Sounds like the football game was good too! Good stuff.

So we walked into the mission office one morning this week to find some cookies, and copies of Grandpa and Grandma speaking at the Marriot Center to the missionaries! I love the Rockwoods :) We haven't had time to watch it yet, but I plan to today! Has Grandpa told you about the phone call he got from President Miller? I am pretty excited to say the least. 

Last week was pretty intense. It was a good week. We were able to meet with and teach Lynsie every day, and she is set and ready to go for baptism this Saturday. The change in her is incredible. She mentions it all the time as well. She had a past friend call her and tell her for 3 hours that she was following the devils church, and anti'd her for a long time. When Lynsie called us the next morning to tell us about it we were a little worried, but at the end of telling us what happened she said. " and now I just want to get baptized even more! I haven't finished the Book of Mormon yet, but bring it on!" What impressed us the most though is when she told us that she told him to figure it out by himself and come to church and meet with the Elders. Lynsie is awesome. As is tradition in our YSA branch she "came out of the kitchen" on Sunday and announced her baptism! 

Saturday was a special day..... :) I was able to go back to Rio Rancho on exchanges! Not only was I back in an old area, but I was with one of my old companions Elder Eaton. We had a great time together, it was great to teach with him again. We saw Keith! Oh man I love Keith. Sadly Krysha wasn't there, but it made my day to be able to see him again.

Well, zone conference is upon us. We are doing three of them this week, and two next week. This is President's first one, so everybody is pretty exited. It's been stressful preparing for them, but they will be good!  

Today for PDay we are going to ride the tram and hike around the Sandias, it will be a blast! I am looking forward to it. You just have to be in the mountains this time of year. 

Once again I am super excited about Dylan's call, that kid will do amazing things. You should ship him down here for a couple weeks and Elder Vial and I will train him and get him ready to go! 

Until next week my friends! 

Love, Elder T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment