Blogger Templates

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dare to Dance the Tide!

Howdy!
   
      Wow sounds like it was quite the weekend of football! Thanks for the updates mom and dad! 
   
I can't wait for Dylan to get his call! It will be interesting to see how soon he leaves. My guess is he will go to New Zealand. 

It's been a good couple of days here in the NMAM as well. Last night we watched the CES devotional with our branch and Lynsie, it was awesome to listen to Elder Anderson speak. Lynsie loved it, and she is doing great. The Sisters in our branch had a baptism Saturday and Lynsie came, she said it got her pretty excited!

Embarrassing moment.... My suit pants ripped pretty good, and I didn't realize it. One of the members of the branch pulled me aside at the baptism and said.. "Hey Turnbow, do you know you have a big rip in the back of your pants?" Nope! My poor clothes have about had it. Haha 

Sunday at church we met Mike. He is from Idaho and is engaged to a member of our branch, and he is not a member. He is super cool! There were 5 non members at church Sunday so we were pretty pumped about that. Our branch is on fire with missionary work right now! 

Elder Vial and I have a new diet. Please feel free to suggest other ideas. After morning workout... Protein shake... Right before we go out to work... Grape nuts.... Lunch... 1-2 cans of tuna.... Dinner... We can't control because the members feed us. It's good stuff! 

Know how much I love all of you. Thank you for the prayers, they are felt by all the missionaries.  I am tired and happy, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Funny how the times I have been the happiest in my life are the times where I am plain exhausted. It's a great feeling. 

One of my favorite members here in the branch shared with me these lyrics last week from Garth Brooks song Sail My Vessel:


             " Too many times we stand aside  
                And let the waters slip away
                Til what we put off til tomorrow
                Has now become today
                So don't you sit upon the shoreline
                And say you're satisfied
                Choose to chance the rapids
                And dare to dance the tide" 

                "There's bound to be rough waters
                  And I know I'll take some falls
                  But with the good Lord as my captain
                  I can make it through them all. . ." 

Much love!    Elder Turnbow



No comments:

Post a Comment