Blogger Templates

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

That's What it's ALL About!

I can't even begin to describe the feelings that have been in my heart for the past three days. Friday and Saturday will both be days that I will never forget. Friday night I had the privilege of going to the temple with a man I love for his first time. Ted Ortiz. It was a special experience and one that is impossible to describe. He has grown so much in a year, and it was special to be with him. Saturday the Ortiz family went to the ABQ temple and were sealed for time and all eternity. It was another incredible experience. We were all sitting in the sealing room when the four little kids came in all dressed in white. The silence was broken by a true mother's cry of love "My Little girls!" There was not a dry eye in the room. Again, it was an experience impossible to describe. It hit me over and over again this week how much I love this work! That's what it's all about, brethren, that's the work of salvation. I am so humbled and grateful for the tender mercies of The Lord. This is His work, and we are lucky to assist Him in it. They are a family that I know Elder Weston and I were put together for. The Stake President had Sister Ortiz bear her testimony on Ted's conversion at a stake priesthood leadership Sunday night on missionary work, and I was amazed again at the miracles that took place in his life. When we got to the area missionaries told us to not even try with him-- I am sure glad we did anyway!


Ted's baptism a year ago

The Albuquerque Temple with the Ortiz Family!





You may remember someone else that Elder Weston and I taught Bryan Baker. He has since moved to California with his wife Megan and his little boy Bryan Jr of 11 months. They came back a week ago and were also sealed in the temple! I wasn't able to go because of scheduling conflicts, but I am so happy! I was able to talk with Bryan this week for a bit, and it was awesome. He is doing amazing. Nothing makes me more happy than to learn of our recent converts doing so well. Wow, I have been humbled over and over again this week. Nothing can come close to the happiness I have felt. I am so lucky to be part of the work that will go on into the eternities.
Elder Turnbow, Brian Baker, and Elder Weston


Elder Vial is my new companion!! It's pretty much a dream come true for both of us. He is from 
Twin Bridges, Montana, which is pretty much the same population of Weston. He loves football, basketball, hunting, and even more so he loves this work. So.... We have a lot in common ;) needless to say I am pretty pumped! He is my first companion that has been out less time than me... Crazy huh? Haha so if I die as an assistant, he could potentially be my last companion. He is with me and Elder Ballif for this week before Elder Ballif leaves us to train next week.


The Bakers at the Albuquerque Temple



We had an awesome lesson with Lynsie tonight.  She had an amazing experience Sunday while a member Daniel Armstrong was speaking. She received her answer to her prayer! She wrote a note to us on a napkin that I will send that describes it better than I can. Pure miracle. Revelation through church! I am so grateful for members who follow the spirit when speaking. We set a baptism date for her on the 21!

Well let's just say that I have had one of the best weeks on my mission if not the best. I have been overwhelmed with feelings of love and gratefulness more often than not this week. I love my savior, I know He Lives and I know with no doubt that this is His church. It has to be. I have seen too many things and received too many witnesses from the spirit that it has to be true. 

Thanks for all of the emails, I don't have time to respond to them all but I do read them, and love them. Thank you for all of the updates.                                     GO PIRATES!!!!!

Love, Elder Turnbow 

No comments:

Post a Comment