Blogger Templates

Monday, August 5, 2013

I love my mission!

Elder Ballif and Elder Turnbow


Hey everybody! Things are still amazing in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission! I feel like I can't say much more than that. I love my mission! 

Ryan was baptized Saturday, it was a great day. We had the service early Saturday morning because he had to go into work later in the afternoon. It was an Albuquerque sunrise service! Ryan walked in to the church with a big smile on his face and was excited to tell us he had finished the Book of Mormon just the day before! Remember that we met Ryan just 4 weeks ago. Watching him gain his testimony by feasting upon the Word of God has been a witness to me once again of the power in the book. Every lesson we have had with him has been amazing, and it's simply because in between our first and second lesson he gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon, so he loved everything there was to learn. One of our investigators, Lynsie, came to his baptism and really enjoyed it. We have been teaching her for about 2 weeks now and she is doing really well. I think I mentioned her in my email last week, so I won't go into too much detail. She doesn't really believe that Christ is her savior, our lessons have been powerful as we testify of Christ, we Have been fairly bold in our lessons, and she responds well. Ryan asked me to confirm him, and I was honored to do so. Our assistant ward mission leader Mike Yao baptized him. Mike is an amazing missionary, and that's all I have to say about that. 




Fast and testimony meeting was amazing. Two of our recent converts Desiree and Jessica both bore their testimonies! It was super awesome to see. I love this gospel. 

So... Do you want to know something pretty cool? I am typing this email on an iPad! Elder Ballif and I both now have iPads, and engraved on the back of them are New Mexico Albuquerque Mission. Besides President Miller, we are the only ones with them right now. It makes things so easy! We do a ton of our work for the mission on them. The calendar, scheduling presidents meetings, numbers, and trainings, it's great. President has been in El Paso for the past little bit too, so we have face timed with him to keep everything up to date. It's pretty fun! 

It was great to read about Grandpa and Grandma at the MTC! Former Sister Miller emailed me and was pretty excited too, her sisters husband is the MTC president! I'm sure they were amazing, thank you for the notes on the talk, it was really fun to read. Is there any way we can get a copy of the talk from the MTC? I know they record them all. 

I saw that picture of Chelsea with Jimmer!! Way cool. 

We went to lunch today at a place called R U Cereal. All you can eat cereal buffet! 

Well, I'm going to go play a game of ping pong, keep calm and carry on everybody! Good luck with the Harvest Dad.  I am praying for you. Love you all!



Elder Turnbow 

No comments:

Post a Comment