Blogger Templates

Monday, August 12, 2013

Miracles Happen!

Hey family!

       So this week was pretty crazy, like most weeks. We went on 4 exchanges, and saw miracles with every single one. We switch off who stays in our area and who goes to the new area, so it's fun to coordinate what happened with who in our area when you do 4 exchanges in a row. I love being with the zone leaders, I am best friends with many of them, so it is always a good time. Here is one miracle that happened on Tuesday while I was with Elder Steffensen in our area. We found a YSA named Tuesday, and it was on Tuesday :) We invited her to be baptized in our first lesson with her and she accepted! Her mom is a member but her dad is not, she was taught off and on by the Elders growing up but never got baptized, we are super excited about her, she is really cool! No we didn't set the baptism date for a Tuesday Frank...

Last night we had a neat experience. We were at dinner with a member when President called and asked us if we could speak at a stake youth fireside at 6 30, and right then it was about 6. Of course we said we would, and we booked it to where the meeting was. I had no idea what I was going to say to those young people. right before I got up to speak I said a prayer in my heart, I knew I was worthy of the spirit, and prayed I could say something that would help the youth. Honestly I don't remember exactly what I said, but I knew I was guided by the spirit. Elder Ballif and I both spoke for about 7 minutes, and we really enjoyed it. I feel like I'm still really learning how to rely on the spirit, but it is something that I have really come to cherish.


Here is some transfer chisme for all of you back home! President told us last week that Elder Ballif will be stepping down from AP next transfer to train a new Elder for his last two transfers. He is super excited! I am happy for him too, he has really missed teaching in Spanish. He will miss our YSA branch like crazy though. I will be sad to see him go, he has been my longest companion, and we have had a blast together.  It will be interesting to see who President calls to be the new assistant, and my new companion. That will be in 2 weeks. Stay tuned!
 
Last night we were with President at the mission home until after 11. He is really feeling the weight of some things on his shoulders, and we just talked for a good long while. He is an incredible man, and cares about this work so much. I love him and Sister Miller to death. They are amazing people. The load they carry is a big one, I want so much to do all that I can to help them. 

Ok, so Sister Turnbow invited you all to write her your testimony, and on one of our many drives down south this week I was pondering that, and I decided I wanted to do something similar. My invitation is for all who read this email. I wold like to invite you to jot down some thoughts on your mission. Why is it special to you? What do you feel like you learned the most? How is your mission still helping you today? Follow the spirit and write about your mission. If you wouldn't mind doing this I would love to hear some experiences from all of you. This is for anybody who feels prompted to do so, please don't hesitate, I feel like this will be special for me to read.


Thanks for the pictures mom! I am glad you had another good time at the cabin with grandma. It's always great to read about everybody's adventures. Keep up the great work with the harvest dad. Good luck with 2 a days Matt! Love every minute of them. Dylan, keep it classy.

Love you all much!

Elder TurnBallif 

No comments:

Post a Comment