Blogger Templates

Monday, July 29, 2013

The Power of God in New Mexico!



Hey Everybody!
How's life? If your answer is anything other than incredible, may I suggest you go out and fix that!
Things are great here! Sounds like that famous Preston night rodeo was was success! That is always a good time. I am super jealous that you all get to go listen to Grandpa and Grandma Richards this week speak in the MTC-- that will be an amazing experience for all. Please take lots of notes ;)
I am excited today because we will get to play basketball for the first time in weeks! Basketball always clears my mind so much, and helps me reboost. I always think of you mom, chucking a ball at me when I would get super angry and telling me to go dribble or go shoot. I am sure glad you found out what helps calm me down. Any bball skill I do have, I thank you for.
Ryan! Ryan is a stud. We met him 4 weeks ago, and he is ready to go for baptism this Saturday. He is now in 3 Nephi, and loves the Book of Mormon. Seeing him become converted because of the Book of Mormon before we even really taught him has helped my testimony of the Book of Mormon grow even stronger. That Book has power, and I know it's true with all my heart.  Teaching him has been amazing. He is one the Lord has truly prepared. The Lord is blessing us, we are working so hard with President, and doing all we can to help the mission, and the Lord takes care of our proselyting area.
Here is a neat experience I will share really quick.

     A couple months ago I was on exchanges with a new Elder in the Bear Canyon ward. We were out on the streets talking to people and we knocked on the door of a lady named Natalia. She seemed very nice, and we had a great conversation with her. I told that Elder he better go back and teach her! He was a new Elder and it was a great experience for him. So those Elders went back and started teaching her, and she is preparing for baptism. Recently her daughter got back from Europe doing a study abroad, and she learned her mom was meeting with missionaries. The Elders referred her to us because she is YSA, so now we are teaching Natalia's daughter Lynsie! She told us straight up that she was not interested in converting, and that she only wanted to learn more because she wanted to know what her mom was getting into. We gave her a tour of our institute building, and had a really good lesson with her on the restoration. We could feel the spirit working on her, and her demeanor changed throughout the lesson. about halfway through her questions changed, and she really was becoming interested. She came to church yesterday too!  
There have been multiple Thunder storms the past couple of weeks. Lightning like I have never seen! We were driving home at about midnight after being on a special errand, and we were right in the middle of it all! With one flash of lightning there was no time difference between lightning and thunder. It was so bright it hurt my eyes! Loudest thunder I have heard. I was having a blast, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. The power of God was displayed in the New Mexico night sky.


Well, time to go lace up and hit the hardwood. Have a great week and keep being awesome! Much love!
Elder Turnbow

No comments:

Post a Comment