Blogger Templates

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Stay Strong and Carry On!



Hey!
    Things have been going well since I last wrote, life is good.    
     Saturday night was Jessica's baptism, and it was a great success. There were so many people there that we had to do the program part in the chapel, and that filled up too! She had a lot of support from the branch, and family and friends came in from out of town too. It was a spiritual experience for all who were there, and it was because of how ready and excited she was.

     Monday we picked up 26 new missionaries from the airport! That is always a blast. It is fun to spend the day training them and getting them ready to go out into the field. Sister Mendenhall from Preston came in with this group so that was pretty cool! She will be a great missionary. It's awesome to fill the NMAM with Cache Valley natives!
     Tuesday was the crazy transfer day! Monday night we left the mission home at about midnight in our bball shorts and t-shirts after a long night with President getting the final plans made. I love spending so much time with him and Sister Miller.  It is so much fun and I learn so much. The transfer went smooth for the most part, the only hiccup we had is a sister who was suppossed to go from Las Cruces to El Paso went from Las Cruces to ABQ! yeah.... haha We had it right, but some missionaries just read the instructions wrong. It was pretty funny, but I felt bad for the sister. We got her where she needed to be today though, and she is training a new sister.

       We spent most of Tuesday evening with the missionaries going home. That was strange because all the Sisters were the ones that I came out with. weird. it is always a good/stressful day. Makes me never want to leave.

     Wednesday morning we had them at the airport at 5 am. President looked and Elder Ballif and I and sent us home to take a nap after the drop off. It was much needed! We got home at 6 30 and woke up 6 hours later at 12 30. I felt like a new man! I didn't realize how tired I was, i was past the point of being tired, it was more like a numb feeling. 
     Desiree invited her friend to a YSA activity and we taught him the restoration last night, it went super well and he is great! I love recent converts! They are so good at sharing the gospel and have no fear.
     Ryan is still doing amazing and on track for baptism! He started the Book of Mormon a couple weeks ago and is done with Alma already. We invited him to be baptized in our first lesson, in between our first and second he read 40 chapters in the BoM and got an answer to be baptized. He's great!
     Dad you mentioned that Sister Dennis keeps posting pics; she is like my mom out here, and she is a hoot! She takes good care of us. I am glad she does that, it makes up for my lack of emailing.
     I got a letter from Grandpa yesterday and it had "It's in the Blood" attached that Mom wrote to him. Every time I read that and about my ancestors their stories burn within my heart.
     Sounds like you all had a great 24th! I love the Sunday  ice cream notes-- it's so fun to read everybody's comments.
     Ya'll have a great week and I'll do the same!
Stay Strong and Carry On!
Love, Elder Turnbow

President Miller is out of town...

No comments:

Post a Comment