Blogger Templates

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 22, 2012


Hi family,

So we got permission to come back today during lunch for a minute to email because we literally got two minutes. I was actually able to read your emails and I loved them all! Thanks for the emails. Sounds like things are fine and dandy in Idaho! My statement is still true about Soda, I was very angered and about stood up and kicked my chair when I read that, but I remembered my name tag... So what did I do? The obvious thing of course, I took it off, stood up, tossed the chair across the room, and then grabbed another chair and sat back down. How cool would that have been? Besides being an apostate missionary, pretty cool I think! Nah but I better hear they made it to state, they are too good a team ta not make it.

So like I said this last week was pretty slow, but it still had some way awesome experiences. We were able to give 6 blessings. I had never actually given a blessing before, and wow I didn't realize how incredible it was to give one. Way sweet! Now for that real cool experience. When I was with Elder Ballif and Elder Hunter (Spanish Elders) We were together because our comps were in ABQ at a meeting. So we are all fresh and new still. Well we were teaching a family, and it was in Spanish,( I contributed very little) but I could understand most all of it actually. Well we ( they) started teaching them the Plan of Salvation and even though I couldn' t quite understand everything it just didn't feel right, and then BAM, Elder hunter switched the lesson to baptism and it felt awesome! I felt the spirit in Spanish! It was pretty cool. I really wish I could speak Spanish. I am going to try and learn. English speaking is a ton harder than Spanish though we found out. EVERY SINGLE SPANISH PERSON LETS THE ELDERS IN! Which is awesome for them, but the white folk... haha no way! Elder Hunter actually got in an argument at a white Catholic's door step and ended up storming away very angry... I actually stepped in though and got us a return appointment. Oh it was funny though! Elder Hunter wasn't used to mean folk, and stubborn Catholics or Baptists or JW's who just wanna bible you to death. He was used to getting into every house and then getting cake or something! Which we did a lot that day.

Well we have an appointment here in a bit so we gotsta go. It was nice to read all the emails and thanks for the pics Ben and Court. That trip sounded pretty legit Ben, and fun! Well you all take care and have a great week! Good luck Dylan ya better win!

Elder Turnbow

PS. Rumor has it that the first round of the NCAA tourny is going to be here in NM? Way cool! And that New Mexico beat UNLV last week who was ranked 11th in the nation? Hmm. It's hard not to learn these things when it's a really good conversation starter :)

OH! One of the ladies I was able to give a blessing to is Mitt Romney's cousin! She's incredible. Some way rich people live here and she is one of them. She is writing a book, has a radio talk show, and founded that really big thing Womens Voices. Ever heard of it? I guess it's a really big thing. I wish I could tell you every little thing about the mission cause there is a TON of stuff! Guess I'll just have to bore you for days on end when I get home. haha Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment