Blogger Templates

Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012


Not to put salt on a sore wound or anything but shoot I wanted the boys to get to state. This is the first year in a long time we won't have a team up there. Bummer. Dylan and Matt you better work your tails off so you can play together next year and rock it! That's awesome that the Stokes are in the ward! I love those guys. That was sad to hear about Zero, but he is happy now. I had like 3 dreams this week about Gunner and Maverick...dang. haha Probably because New Mexico has a million dogs everywhere! Tons of coyotes too. I actually had an investigator call me and ask us if we wanted to go hunt coyotes with him. Sadly, I said no. There are a ton of big time hunters here. I can talk to anybody. I'm going to hook us all up don't you worry. That bald eagle is legit! I can see Cliffs truck (White Fury) in the background. That's awesome!

So this week was sorta a trying week I guess you could say. Not very many good things went our way. At one point driving home at night we rolled down the windows and yelled as loud as we could for as long as we could. I recommend it to everybody of all ages, because it felt great! So Dylan, just let out a good ole yell about all your frustrations, it helps. Most Evey single one of our appointments canceled on us this week, and both those awesome families said they need a little time to think.... We were able to teach a lady by the name of Angela though, I am not sure if I told you about her or not. She has cancer, and has been fighting it for a while, she has two sons Jay and Jared 19 and 16. She recently went through a nasty divorce. Anyway we've been able to teach her twice and she seems to be solid! She has a bap date for march 17. We're hoping to extend that invitation to her sons this week as well. They are awesome. Jay is going to try and walk on at a JC this fall and play basketball. We're actually going to play with him sometime. It's gonna be sweet. We taught a guy this week who just moved here from Nigeria! It's way cool. As of right now only Angela and her two boys are our investigators that are progressing, which really stinks! We are going to change that though you can count on it. We're going to make this next week rock! We have Zone conference this Friday which I am looking forward too. President Miller is so awesome, he's amazing!

Well nothing really too exciting happened this week. Which I guess is a lie because really everyday is exciting! Every day miracles happen in one way or another. Even though it was a slow week if you look back and really think about all that happened it was a lot. My companion did get a little trunky this week darn him. He goes home in two months. He snapped out of it fast though and I'm no too worried about it. Actually if he had it his way he wouldn't go home. You guys all have a great week! I love you all!

Elder Turnbow

Oh ya, we did have a crazy guy yell at us and tell us to run for our lives because he practices witchcraft and worships the devil. you could tell too. Don't mess with that stuff is all I have to say about that.
Ya'll be good now ya hear?! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment