Blogger Templates

Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012


KYLE! Woo yeah man!!! That's awesome, you are going to tear California up and flip it upside down! Cool little experience. Last Thursday I believe it was I was just sitting there and my mind just randomly thought about Kyle and the question popped into my head, I wonder if he is going to get his call this week. Then I had a cool little experience and I just knew that he was going to get it. It was awesome! Get ready my brother, cause this rocks!

It sounds like things are going well at home! Are you itching to get on the fields yet dad? Thanks for the great advice too in your last email, it will help a ton! Too bad Jack Nygard couldn't hit that last bucket to send it into OT, sounds like a good state tourny though. That's good the boys have got to hit the slopes and Dylan got to take the bike out! My bike I assume? Give er some lovin for me Broha! So... If my memory is correct... and it usually is for this kind of stuff.... the March Madness tournament should be this next week right? The brackets usually get released the first week of March. Even though I'm not there you guys better fill out brackets for FHE and see who wins! My guess is Kentucky or Syracuse. They were dominating when I left anyway. Cool though!

Friday was zone conference in Rio Rancho. I love President Miller, he is such a good man and amazing mission president. His talk was all about Jesus Christ and (whistle) he knows his stuff. It was way good. Sister Miller also spoke and did a very fine job. Besides that we had a few trainings from the assistants and zone leaders, it was fun. We have a pretty legit zone. I did realize though that we have some amazing missionaries in this mission! After Zone conference I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders, I was with Elder Sherman and he came into my area. It was pretty awesome because he just sat back and said ok, you are now the senior companion and I'll be your greenie. It was fun! I loved it. I think he was shocked when I mentioned we should skip dinner and just keep working. That's when he did step in and say no I want to eat. Bummer, I wanted to work.

Sunday was stake conference, it too was great. Elder Baxter of the 70 came and wow he is a powerful speaker. his talk was almost like a Bruce R. Mckonkie (Spelling) seven deadly harisees talk! THERE IS NO SALVATION IN FALSE DOCTRINE!! BOOM! haha It was great. For those who think that we do not need The Book of Mormon this is LUDICROUS! needless to say it was a very powerful talk. Almost like Elder Holland too. I loved it! I took some good notes ya'll will have to read in a few years. President and Sister Miller also spoke in stake conference and did a great job. Jenny got to meet Sister and President Miller after the meetings! Before the meetings Sunday morning Elder Baxter lined the missionaries up serving in the stake and gave us all a hug and told each one of us little different things. He's awesome!

Well this last week was a pretty good week! We tracted into a Native American Family with the last name of WARRIOR! Sweet Indian name huh? Well we got to talking on the door step and she was like well we believe that god visited our ancient ancestors but we don't know if we should believe the bible.... It was awesome to explain the Book of Mormom to them! They were excited about it to say the least, and the mom accepted a baptism date! We are teaching a lady by the name of Claudia who used to be a Buddhist, she has a ton of questions! It's fun to teach her. New Mexico is awesome! We're teaching Enrique from Nigeria, Robbi from Napal, Yenka from New Zealand, Native Americans, Catholics, Buddhist's, JW's, pretty much everything you can think of. It's awesome. We currently have 4 baptism dates for March 30 and April 7. We have been finding a ton lately and really focusing on finding people to teach so we have a big teaching pool. Hopefully we can now start meeting consistently with certain people. We've also been working quite a bit with the less actives. There are only about 700 of them... haha

So last night we were teaching two twin sisters by the names of Loureen and Moureen Lomahaptewa. They are Hopi Indian and both have three daughters and are not married. Moureen is just recently baptized in December but Loureen is not a member and was meeting with the missionaries earlier but had decided to take a break. Well we were at Moureen's house last night and Loureen was there too, and we went there with our elders quroum president Brother Namingha, who is also Hopi and actually from the same tribe, so in a way they are related. Anyway, it was a way cool lesson. Moureen had been going through some struggles so we taught about trials and all that good stuff. Way neat. Well at the end Moureen asked for a blessing, and she asked me to give her one, and it was way neat. What happened next though surprised me, because right after that her sister Loureen asked for a blessing as well, and she also asked me to do it. I was scared actually because I didn't want the two blessings to sound the same you know? Even though I knew the first one was really spiritual for me. Well I was kinda scared but right before I started I remembered DC 84:85.. so I said a quick little prayer in my heart and then it just happened. I can't even remember what I said, but it was a way cool experience! It's funny though because Dad talked about that scripture in his email to me that I just read. It's a great one!

This week also though it seemed like we had more doors slammed in our face than usual, and we ran into a bunch of jerks. It was frustrating, and I lost my temper for a split second with one of the jerks... then I felt bad. It was needed though, he pushed me too far! haha But I love it! It's fun to talk to everybody! It's what it's all about! Well take care! Until Next week!

Love, Elder Turnbow (#14)

No comments:

Post a Comment