Blogger Templates

Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012


So how many missionaries can say that they got to teach with their Grandpa on their mission? Well I can! Like you already know, we called President Miller and got his permission to take Grandpa with us to see a LA lady. It was awesome! His fireside last night was way good too. It might as well have been a general conference talk. It was good.

Sounds like things are still swell at home. Dad I'm impressed that you took my bike for a spin. I bet it made you feel 20 again ya?? haha That's cool the boys have a track meet this week. Track was a blast! Even though it was super hard it sure does make you a better football and basketball player. So tell Dylan and Matt that.

This last week was a pretty good one! We taught an amazing lesson to James and Yvette. Yvette is a member but James is not. They are not married, have been living together for 12 years, and have a kid about Benson's age. We were in the neighborhood and we both felt prompted to see them. We had taught them once and it didn't really go that well so I guess you could say I had my doubts about seeing them again. But there was a different spirit form the very beginning. We both felt prompted to teach the plan of salvation, and it was awesome, words and scriptures were just coming to us and they were involved, the spirit was amazing. When we started talking about the degrees of glory they stopped us and said that they had just been talking about this not an hour ago! It was awesome! Well we started talking about temples and getting married and then we invited James to be baptized and marry Yvette and then get married in the temple. There was a long pause and you could tell the spirit was working on him... another long pause.... and Yvette pretty much bore her testimony to him and pleaded him to marry her, it was amazing. it didn't turn for the best though... He flat out told us he has a problem with commitment (OBVIOUSLY) So then we were pretty blunt with him. I told him he needs more courage. Same story though. It was an amazing lesson though, and I know he felt it, he can't deny that. We'll see what happens.

Friday I went on exchanges with Elder Steffensen up north to Las Vegas. It's awesome up there! While we were there we were hit with a big snow storm. I loved it! Dylan, Brady, Cliff, there is some way way sweet hunting territory up there. We talked to quite a few hunters. It's a sweet place. It's pretty high up in the mountains and it has a really old western feel to it. Plus the Elders there get a truck so I got to ride around in a truck! Oh, I also saw a bunch of geese there and I may or may not have made Elder Steffensen stop the truck so I could take a picture of them and use my special mouth call and honk at them...

Weird story for the week. In Las Vegas we were walking down the street in the middle of the snow storm and we had some guy stop us on the street and start talking to us. He went on to tell us about how he had been in the war and trained to kill and all that jazz. He then proceeded to tell us this "Two girls done did me wrong, so I'm now gonna go git my rifle, shoot em, and get the heck outa dodge! They trained me ta kill in the war, so Imma do it again!" he was nuts! I wasn't sure if I should laugh or take him seriously. Then he told us his plan for it all... so maybe he was serious, but i doubt it. It was interesting though.

So to start Elder Willden's and Elder Seary's last transfer off with a bang, this morning after laundry we went to their apartment to cook a mean breakfast. I made bacon, Elder Willden made waffles, and Elder Seary and Elder Hunter made eggs and potatoes. It was beastly! Way good.
Well there is much more I could tell you I'm sure but I don't want to make this too long. So take care everybody! I have the best family in the world! Love ya'll!


Elder Turnbow

P.S. OH YA! we went into this old guy's house and the first thing that caught my eye was he had a HUGE muley on the wall. Wow it was huge. His base was so heavy I couldn't put my hand around it. He was a typical 4 with deep front and back forks. about 33 wide, with long trash coming off his left side. There, I thought Dylan, Matt, Brady, Cliff, TJ, Tanner, Mitch, and everybody else might like that. Especially Brittin. He said he shot him on his farm in Colorado when he was a kid. I'll try to take a picture next time we go see them. Welp, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment