Blogger Templates

Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012 - Ballin Wit da Gangstas


Howdy family!

Sounds like the track meets went well and you are starting to enjoy the warm weather. We've been enjoying the warm weather for a long time! Of course Court did amazing yesterday, she's gonna be a stellar missionary!

Well I don't have too much time to write today so I'll get straight at it.
Friday President and Sister Miller came to our district meeting and did a training and Pres Miller also interviewed us all. In the interview he asked me what the top 3 things I've learned on my mission so far are. It was a really good question and I thought I would share with you my response.

1) The first thing that I have learned is this church is soo true! Sure I knew that before but holy cow it's become real for me! I live it and study it everyday and try my hardest to share it with others, and I know that it's real.

2) I know every missionary says this but it's so true, I am extremely grateful for the way I was raised and brought up. I am so so lucky to have such an amazing family. It kills me to see people who have nothing, I want them to have what I have so bad. I want them to experience the joy that comes from having a family that is brought up unto the Lord.

3) I have learned how to study. Not just study, but Talmage! I never thought I would look forward to study time in the morning like I do.

So those are the 3 things I told president in a nutshell. I also asked President Miller the same question I asked you dad and you responded almost exactly the same. Hey... maybe you'll be a mission president someday... hmmm Thanks for your input though, I love what you said.
Now I will get on and talk about my subject that I have for this email.

Saturday night every single one of our appointments canceled (shocker :) ) So we were kinda frustrated... Well we drove past a park and there were a bunch of guys playing basketball. So what did we do? You guessed it! My basketball was in the car, and we wanted to ball. Church clothes and all! So we waited for the game to get over and when they were shooting for teams I jumped in and shot and got on a team. When the game started I heard a guy from the sideline say "He can't play in church shoes" well you know me, I had to prove him wrong, so I did. First time I touched the ball I made a move and busted a 3, and that just started the night! It was a blast, and everybody started to like us! We were playing with probably all the gang members of Santa Fe. It felt legit though because it was dark and we were playing under lights in a park. Way sweet. When we were done everybody started asking us questions about what we do! Boo ya! They made me teach them some moves I had pulled too and told us to come back. So we are going to! It was pretty rough on my church shoes and Elder Willden's church shoes are destroyed. But anyway, it was awesome.

Last Tuesday the Spanish elders helped us deep clean an apartment for a girl who's boyfriend pretty much tried to kill her and is a big druggy. I mean deep cleaned, it took us 5 hours! There was dog poop all over the floor and dishes and clothes and trash everywhere. We shampooed the carpet and just cleaned. It looks amazing now. She ran away from him and is trying to start fresh. It's a long long story.

Awesome news for the week, we have a baptismal date! We tracted into him a couple of weeks ago and were able to see him and teach him last night. His name is Ken Wilkens and his date is for April 21. It was a way good lesson. He's from Dallas Texas, and he had a friend who was a Mormon who served a mission as well. Please pray for him!

Remember Angela? Well last night she too also contacted us again after dropping off the face of the earth for three weeks! Her son Jay is my age and is going to try and walk on at a JC and play ball this fall, so he wanted to play with me. We are going to go play with him at the community center as soon as we are done emailing. I'm pumped!

Well I wish I could sit down and tell you about every single experience but that would take hours, so those are some highlights of the week. Take care, and I love ya'll!

Elder Turnbow (new Santa Fe gangsta memba who balls fo real)

PS GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEK! WOO YEAH!! Challenge for ya... this week think of a question you want answered, and then write it down, pray about it, and look for that answer during conference! It could be any question, simple or deep, anything! You should all do it, and you will have an awesome experience. Then report back to me. Yes that means you too Pickle and Fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment