Blogger Templates

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012


Hey family!

I'm glad to hear the track meet at Malad went well! Dylan's and Matt's times weren't too shabby for the first meet of the year! They need to be faster though... that's not a bad 40 time for Dyl either! Good work, and keep workin hard.

I can't believe it's Court's farewell on Sunday! She'll do awesome, I'm excited for her. Brittin... in response to your email, that was exactly what I was looking for! Gave me a good chuckle. Oh, I have taken a few pics but hey I don't want to spoil it and send them all home now... haha (That might be because I'm not sure how...) I'll try to figure that out maybe.

Soooo.... This week? Hmmm it had its ups and downs for sure. I came across a scripture in Moses 6:55 that describes it pretty well. Mainly just the last sentence (maybe some of you who are lacking in scripture reading might open them up now). Really though, we were getting dropped left and right and we now have ZERO bap dates. Frustrating. It's ok though, we don't have our heads down. It really wasn't that bad of a week though. We are now cherishing every investigator that we do have. I really want to have a baptism this transfer though with Elder Willden before he goes home.

The day when everybody was dropping us we decided to walk out our frustrations. So we went on an 8 mile walk. It was great, and we talked to a ton of people! Got a little sunburned too, felt good. I've realized that I can relate to about every single person we talk too, I love it!

Have I talked about bill? Well he's what we call an eternal investigator. It was an interesting week for him... His girlfriend tried to kill her two boys. Crazy right? It's been all over the news here I guess. Well she's now in jail obviously and both the kids lived they just have a ton of stitches in their necks. This may sound weird but now bill has a broken heart, and it's easier to talk to him when he's all emotional. We were helping him move a bunch of his girlfriend's things into his house and I was carrying in a car seat when Bill said, "gee I hope that's not the one the boy was sitting in when she tried to slit his throat." I looked, there was blood, good thing I'm not scared of blood!

Our investigator that is progressing the most right now is Claudia. She is a Buddhist. Way way fun to teach her, she has so many awesome questions! For instance we were talking about baptism and she said... why water? She asks questions that really make you think and I love to teach her.

Welp it's about time to go shoot some hoops. Thank you for all the love and support from home. I can feel your prayers every day! My testimony and love for our Savior grows daily. I love you all, and hope you have an amazing week! Til next time.

Elder Turnbow

No comments:

Post a Comment