Blogger Templates

Monday, April 23, 2012

     Courtney is gone!!! Weird. That's so awesome though, I am way excited for her. Hey Dylan, you look good in Yellow. I'm actually wearing a yellow tie right now. not bad. No turkeys yet?? I thought somebody would have killed one by now.
     So yes it is true, Elder Willden and I sang in sacrament meeting yesterday! I never thought that I would do something like that. Nobody threw anything at us though, so it must not have been too bad! We had two investigators at church too! Ken Wilkens came and so did Laureen Lamahaptewa. Ken just surprised us and came, he was in a suit and looked snazzy! I think most everybody there thought he was a mormom, he fit right in! Laureen is the twin sister of Maureen who got baptized in November. She is coming along slowly but surely, she's made some big progress these past few weeks. Jim didn't come to church because he got the flu, we taught him the WofW wisdom last week though and we aren't too sure how well he's living it. we'll meet with him this week with my new companion and boost him back up!
     If I get fat while I'm on my mission, I blame it on Navajo tacos, they are just so dang good!  if you think the ones at the school are good.... HA! The Natives know how to cook them. This upcoming weekend is also the gathering of the nations, which is the biggest pow wow in the world. Kinda cool.
     We met with David Sullenberger again this week, he is still soaking it all up. I love to teach him because you can just see lights clicking after everything we say. I just hope he can develop more faith instead of trying to prove every single thing true. He's reading the Book of Mormon though, and has started to pray, and I am way excited for him. We had a couple run in's with the Jehovah Witnesses this week, good stuff. We are always nice of course. They came to our appartment one morning, that was strange.
     So now to address the subject of this email. So... there are a ton of coyotes in New Mexico. They are all over the place! Elder Willden and I chased one down this week and took a few pictures, it was a good time. So yeah, I'm still getting my hunting in! Well we are kind of in a hurry because after this we are heading to ABQ to play some volleyball with the zone and then we are spending the night. early Tuesday morning I will find out who my new companion is and then I will bring him back to Santa Fe. I'm nervous to get a new companion, but it will be good. He just better be ready to work! Sorry this letter isn't the best. I'll try to make next weeks better. Take care!
Elder Turnbow

OTSS--Only The Strong Survive!
CPTP--Champions Pay The Price!


No comments:

Post a Comment