Blogger Templates

Monday, April 16, 2012

What a Week!


Hey there!

This last week was an awesome week. During weekly planning Elder Willden and I set a goal to teach at least three lessons every day, and we did it! We taught a total of 22 lessons, it was great. We also had an investigator come to church!!! Jim Johnston came. I can't remember if I talked about him in my last email? We've only known him for two weeks. He grew up in London and actually investigated the church once so he knows quite a bit. He has a bap date for April 28. He has a WofW problem though so we'll see how that goes. Also Ken Wilkins, he rocks! We were able to meet with him twice this week and he took us to lunch as well. He is progressing, he reads and prays but is hesitant. He says he believes what we teach him but he's still not sure. He grew up Southern Baptist and all that good stuff so leaving that is a big concern. I can really see him getting baptized though. We had a really good lesson with him just last night.

Cool story for the week... Saturday we took a less active out teaching with us, his name is Devin Martinez. He served a mission and everything but fell away a couple years later. He's probably 25ish. He is related to the Ortegas, and the Ortegas are all inactive except for the grandpa, their family is huge! Well anyway we invited him to come teaching with us on Saturday and we could tell that he loved every second of it and it went really well. Then he came to church the next day and bore his testimony, it was extremely powerful! If it didn't pierce your heart then I don't know what's up. He gave his grandpa a huge hug after that and it was incredible. I feel so bad for the Grandpa Ortega because he wants his family to become active again so bad. We think that Devin will start it though!

So President and Sister Miller came to our comp study this morning, talk about nerve racking! They pretended to be investigators and we taught them the plan of salvation. It went really well! It was fun to teach them, they are awesome. Not going to lie I was pretty nervous at first, but it's like a basketball game, as soon as that ball gets thrown up it all goes away. It's the same with teaching, when the spirit comes into the room everything just flows.

Well this is Elder Willden's last week. Transfers are next Tuesday and he goes home and I'll get a new companion. I'm pretty sure I'll stay in Santa Fe since we opened this area and they wouldn't want to white wash in, but I am for sure getting a new companion. I'm scared for that because Elder Willden and I get along great. Sister Miller even told us today "Man.... you two make a great team!" Oh ya... so we sing a hymn so start comp study every morning because it really invites the spirit, and somehow we came up with the crazy idea to sing in sacrament meeting next sunday. So ya, we are singing next sunday! Never thought I'd be doing this. We kinda made our own melody with Armies of Helaman and we are singing that. Acapella too.

Courtney leaves on Wednesday!!! Woo yeah!!! Man that's awesome. I'm way excited for her. That's crazy that Chelsea is home. She's so right, every night you hit the pillow at 10 30 and think, where in the world did that day go! There isn't enough time in the day! So many awesome things happen every single hour of the day. All's I can say is if you don't want to serve a mission, then you are flat out crazy. Sounds like that track meet went well and seems like the boys are running decently fast for so early in the season. They better not beat our 4X2 record though! Actually that would be sweet if they did. I got the pictures Ben and Brittin emailed, new place looks sweet. We are teaching James and Yvette and they have a boy almost the same age as Benson, but Benson looks a lot bigger than their boy is!

Well I will email next Monday but I still won't know who my new companion is, so you will have to wait a couple weeks for that update. Well take care! Get that seed in the ground Dad, I love you all!

Elder Turnbow

P.S. Oh ya! Here is a cool little insight for you all. So you all know how in the Book of Mormon it says "And it came to pass" a ton? Well, I learned this week that if you translate that into Hopi or Zuni, it means "And truly it came to pass" Or "Surely it did happen" Awesome huh? So if you look at it that way they are making a pretty bold statement and bearing their testimony before they write what's next. I thought it was way cool anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment