Blogger Templates

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Temple Trip! Mountain Studies!


Sounds like things are well! I love all your emails. Mom you always say I will let dad fill you in on the track meet but then neither of you do.... :) Brady Brady Brady... He couldn't last 3 months without me!!! haha I knew it would happen, he has written me a few letters. I am happy.

The Temple yesterday was awesome! There is something about having all missionaries in there that gives it a new power, it was incredible. It gives DC 109:22-23 a whole new meaning that's for sure. It was great to say the least. Then we had an appointment last night with a man named David Sullenberger. He was a college teacher/scientist guy. Super smart. It was probably the deepest lesson that I have ever had with anybody! But it was way good, he couldn't believe how well it all went together. He being a whole science guy and not knowing if there was a God. It was a great lesson. We introduced the Book of Mormon and wanted to read a little with him and ended up reading a ton! I feel pretty confident that he will read it!

Our investigator ken is still doing well. His biggest problem is he is kinda lazy when it comes to commitments. He didn't come to church Sunday so his bap date has to get pushed back a couple weeks but he is still progressing. It's just kinda sad because that means Elder Willden and I won't get to have a baptism together. Although the east elders have a baptism into our ward next Saturday and I pretty much count him as one of our investigators too because I have been able to teach him a few times, he plays basketball with us, and he's more active than most of the ward. He was/is golden!!

Easter rocked too, we went to a less active/partmembers family for easter lunch. They are Navajo! Mmm the food was good! They passed around a weird drink that we didn't drink no worries... it smelt good though I won't lie. They also prayed and talked in Navajo to each other and it sounds awesome! Then that night we had a dinner with the Owens. Courtney you would love him because he served his mission in France. They are hilarious, great couple. They remind me a lot of Ben and Brittin or Colton and Whitney. They are great.

So about the mountain studies, this morning we decided to wake up even earlier and go to the mountains! Well they aren't Idaho or Wyoming mountains that's for sure, but it was still way cool and a fun hike. I looked for deer the whole time but never saw any. Plenty of signs though. We took a few pictures. I will try and send them. It was a good week last week. I love being on a mission! I hope you are all doing well, and staying out of trouble! Or at least not getting caught!

Love, Elder Turnbow

No comments:

Post a Comment