Blogger Templates

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Farewell, Santa Fe!


Mike's Baptism
May 29, 2012

What a way to end the transfer! Both Mike and Ken were baptized this week and confirmed yesterday. Man, it was just awesome! I can't even express to you the joy and love that I have for these guys.
It was just such a happy week! Both Mike and Ken are such miracles, and I am honored that I was able to get to know them and be with them all the way to baptism. Next step, Temple!  Elder Willden and I tracted into Kenny Wilkens my very first transfer! Now he's baptized! I know I am just rambling on, but gosh it's just so cool!


Kenny Wilken's Baptism with Elder Webb and Elder Turnbow
June 2, 2012


Yes, it is true, my time to leave Santa Fe has come. I got a call from President Miller on Thursday and he called me to be a district leader and told me also that I am getting transferred. We're driving down tonight and staying with a couple of Elders, and then tomorrow morning is transfers and that's when I'll find out where I'm going. I can't believe how hard it is getting ready to leave here. I'm flippin sad! I love it here! I didn't realize just how much I love this place and these people until I was told I was leaving. But,  I know why I was here, and I know that the Lord now needs me somewhere else, so I am excited to see where my next adventures start! All I can say is this place really set the stage for the rest of my mission, so I now expect nothing less! KTTR!


Elder Turnbow and the Rockwoods
Thanks, Aunt Jen!
  Well I am going to make this short so I can send some pictures and then go pack so we can play some basketball with Mike, Savanna, Laureen, Maureen, Ken, and all the amazing people here!

It sounds like things are going great at home and I am glad to hear that summer and farming are in full swing!
HACER LO JUSTO!  Love ya'll!
Elder Turnbow
 
 

Elder Webb, Elder Turnbow, and the Rockwoods
Last day in Santa Fe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment