Blogger Templates

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Elder Turn-willbeneedinganapintwoyears-bow

Elder Turnbow, Elder Webb, and their greatest fan, Cousin Emmy
I have never been so tired, happy, exhausted, thrilled, and excited in my life like I am right now. The end.
 
Yesterday was Memorial Day and the library was closed so we didn't email. We went up to LAS VEGAS! Las Vegas, New Mexico of course. It is a beautiful place. We went hiking to an incredible reservoir clear in the backwoods. No way to get there by truck and we were with a kid who knows the area so we were able to make it. There were no trails, just us and the mountain. Really made me feel like I was climbing all sorts of mountains back home with my bros and friends. While we were hiking I was on the lookout for wildlife, never saw any, but I saw deer sign, elk sign, and bear sign! First I didn't think so but I saw more and more, so I asked the guy we were with and yup where we were was a bear infested area! So cool! He showed us some pictures they had taken of bear and deer. Man I wanted to see one, oh well. So I think my Memorial Day was better than yours... haha just needed Rick's beans to top it off!
 
Ok want to hear some awesome news?? We have a baptism tonight. yup, tonight. 6 30 to be exact. MIKE BENALLY! Remember we had to tell him 3 weeks ago that he couldn't get baptized because he relapsed with the Word of Wisdom? And that he was going camping last weekend with his family and it would be way hard for him to live it. Well we decided to have a special fast for him and the day he was supposed to be leaving to go camping he called us up and told us that he and his wife decided not to go and he asked if he could get baptized on the 29, today! It's been a very, very crazy week. He told his family that he was getting baptized and they all pretty much disowned him besides his 2 brothers, and it's been rough. But he's been receiving answers to prayers left and right, and I am now a firm believer in revelation through church attendance and dreams! He told us about these dreams that he's been having and they are coming true. Dreams about his family hating him and all sorts of things. It's incredible. So yeah, tonight is his baptism and he has asked me if I would baptize him. Wow, I am touched and honored to do it. We had an awesome lesson last night with both Mike and Savannah, and Ken Wilkens was there too. Ken is getting baptized Saturday by the way!! Another incredible thing. That's why we are so busy and so tired. haha
 
 
Elder Turnbow and Mike Benally
(Thanks for the pic, Jen!)
 
The Lord knows what he is doing, end of story. I can't even imagine not coming here and not getting to know all these incredible people that we have been blessed with to teach. Mike touched my heart last night when he was sharing his conversion story with Ken. He was saying how he knew about the Mormons, and had had previous missionaries teach him, but he didn't really care. He went on to say that for some reason I was maybe different. We just have so much in common and we hit it off from the get go talking about basketball and farming. We've played one on one a few times too. He just really touched me when he shared that with me, it reconfirmed to me that I am supposed to be here, in New Mexico, and in Santa Fe.
 
Everything is going great here, most importantly, the Green Chili is still good! haha Oh ya, FRANK!! Surgery?  Nice man! I'm sure glad you were able to tough it out while I was home so we could do all that playing together. We all know why you have only NOW decided to get it fixed though, it's because it's pipe moving time, and you will have to take time off to recover! Yup, I know you, probably better than Christine, but don't let her know that.
 
Well, we have to get going.  We have people to teach this afternoon and it takes 3 hours to fill the font so we'll be there for a while. Wouldn't want it any other way though that's for sure! I'm glad you all had an awesome Memorial Day and I am glad to hear that the bball tourney was good as well. Work hard this summer Dylan and Matt. Remember, practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent! Love you guys!
 
Elder Turnwillbeneedinganapintwoyearsbow   (I just had to steal that from my main man Elder Lenky)

No comments:

Post a Comment