Blogger Templates

Monday, May 7, 2012

Another Busy Week in Santa Fe!

Hello Family
   Tell all the boys good luck at districts for me! Tell Dylan to run his butt off. Seriously though Dylan, give it your all man! Congrats on the new boy Angela and David! Sounds like he's a big fella.
It was another busy week in Santa Fe! We were a little worried with Mike and getting him prepared for baptism on the 19th, but when we asked him how he felt about it he said. "Bring it on!" During the lesson with him I thought of an anology and used it. I compared him getting ready for baptism to a basketball game. (What else right?) Anyway to make it short, I told him that he is now in the fourth quarter with a lead, but that his opponent is Satan, and he never gives up. The fourth quarter is the time to shine and build the lead. Then I went on to quote some good ole Remember the Titans. He loved it. If I didn't say this before, Mike is a big basketball player, and we've connected from the start. He's Navajo and very athletic and has some crazy stories that beat out Coach Mo's too. We are now doing a 100 day Book of Mormon challenge with him and his wife Savannah, should be fun! Laureen is still progressing towards the 26 as well. She and Maureen fed us dinner this week and we then had a really good discussion with them.
An awesome lesson this week though was with David Sullenberger! (The genius guy) At the very beginning he right away started to go too deep, so somehow without getting him angry we told him he's not ready for that yet and we need to keep it simple. We compared it to him having all his PHD's and what not, but somewhere along that road he had to start from the beginning. So we had a really spiritual lesson with him, and it ended with him crying and giving us both huge hugs! So sweet! He's not a small guy either. Then he was at church yesterday too! He is so ready for this and he just loves it.
Oh ya! I was going to tell you about another family we have been teaching. The Godfreys. Elder Willden and I found them because Frank Godfrey is a less acitve and so is his brother, but Frank's Wife isn't a member. We would normally see them once a week and just share a message with them, but not pressure her into taking the lessons. Well last week Elder Webb and I saw them and shared a message, and towards the end of the message I just plain asked her if she wanted us to teach her the lessons, and she said sure! So we went back later last week and taught her the restoration and it went really well!
The reason why I wanted to tell you about this family is becasue... wait for it... They are big into hunting!! For reals, They are like my second family now. When we walk in Judith (the wife) always says, the kids are here! Frank was leaving for a week long turkey hunt the day after we taught them, so I'm excited to see how it went when we meet with them again this week. They even let me play with their turkey calls last time and they were impressed with my gobble! So Brady, I haven't lost it yet! Speaking of which, has Dylan or Matt or anybody killed a tom yet?
Have a great week and go Pirates! Love Ya'll!
Elder Turnbow

No comments:

Post a Comment