Blogger Templates

Monday, May 14, 2012

I love it, and wouldn't trade it for anything!

Skyping you all last night was awesome! You all look good and I'm glad you are all still goofy as ever! Thanks for bringing Gunner and Maverick into the house too, that made it perfect! And no talking about track farming and hunting did not make me trunky, that is impossible! Sure I really miss it and I miss you all a ton, but not enough to get trunky over it ;)
 
Well like I said last night, we are going to have a baptism on Saturday! Laureen Lomahaptewa will be getting baptized. Mike was supposed to get baptized this Saturday too, but he had a relapse with the Word of Wisdom so we had to push his date back to June 2. Honestly telling him that he couldn't get baptized Saturday was the hardest thing I've had to do on my mission so far. It was tough. I think it will either be really good for him or really bad. I really think it will make him want it even more now though. He was really disappointed in himself and he felt like he let everybody down, but he knows we love him and won't give up!
 
I know I talked a little bit about Ken Wilkens last night but I'll fill you in a little more. Elder Willden and I tracted into him almost 2 months ago I believe, and we've been teaching him once a week since then. He's been to church a couple times and he came yesterday. After church we went to see him and had a really good lesson with him. I asked him where he thinks he is with baptism, and in return he asked me where I thought he was. I told him I think he's pretty darn close. We talked for a min and then set a date with him for the 26! Only two weeks away! He's awesome, and he wants to take us golfing some P-Day. So who knows, maybe ole Rudy will get to work on his game!
 
Also David Sullenberger was at church again yesterday and he just continues to love it. He went and bought himself LDS versions of the scriptures and new clothes to wear to church! He is so super close to baptism!
 
 Oh ya! Saturday morning we were able to dig a ditch for a man named Antony, it was a blast! It felt awesome to use a shovel and pick ax for a few hours. He is also way good at wood work, he has an SKS that he took the stock off of and hand carved a new stock for it. It was legit.
 
Tell all the boys congrats on districts and good luck at state for me, and tell all my friends hi! Also if you see Josh tell him congrats on getting engaged! Well have a great week!
 
Elder Turnbow (#14)
 
P.S.  
So last night before we ended you wanted me to bear my testimony and I never really did, so I thought I would write it out for you even though it won't have as much meaning.
 
I really don't know where to start, I know everybody always says this in their testimony, but now it just has new meaning to me. I KNOW THIS CHURCH IS TRUE. I do, I really know that. The Church of Jesus Christ is really the Lord's Kingdom once again established on the earth today. How lucky are we to be a part of it? I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith was a prophet, and he translated the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon, I love everything about it. It is my most prized and precious possesion. The book is true.
 
Jesus Christ is my savior and the savior of the world. The atonement is real, he suffered for us! All of us, all of God;s children. I can't imagine the love he has for us. It's because of the atonement that we can be made clean to enter the kingdom of heaven. If we do all we can, Jesus Christ will be our advocate and plead our case to the Father. He lives, and he will come again. Everytime I read 3 Nephi I wish so bad to have been there. To hear the words 'Behold I am Jesus Christ!"     .... He is the Messiah.
 
Missionary work is incredible, the work that we are privileged to do is the best. It's the best calling in the church! I gladly accept this calling from a prophet of God to serve the people in New Mexico for two years. I love it, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment