Blogger Templates

Thursday, December 6, 2012

College professors for a day!


Hey guys!
      It was fun to read about the ball games this week and it really got my blood flowing just reading about them! That's good though, maybe I burned some calories. Too bad about the losses but I'm trying to picture who all is on the team and from who I can remember they should have a good team this year!
       We had a pretty good week of our own! The highlight was definitely Saturday. It was Krysha's baptism! It was great! A lot of non-members came too. Her mom came (remember it was a miracle she even gave her permission to be baptized.) Her two brothers came, her aunt and uncle, and grandma! After the actual ordinance and while she was changing, Elder Johnson and I gave a presentation. We taught the restoration beginning at the Savior's earthly ministry. As I recited the first vision I really felt the spirit come into the room and I could tell they were feeling it by the way they were looking at me. Elder Johnson then bore his testimony on it and again the spirit was strong. Who knows if anything will come of it, but it was a great moment. I think Keith was more happy that day than he was at his actual baptism! It was touching. Krysha is always a very happy girl and very social, Saturday though she had on a smile that went ear to ear!






        So guess what!? Elder Johnson and I get to be college professors for a day! Yup. True story. Wednesday night the assistants called and told us the exciting news. A few months ago they were approached by a college professor for a world religions class in ABQ at CNM, and she didn't know anything about Mormons so they asked them to come teach her class for 2 hours. It went great so they asked them to do it again this semester but the date she wants them to do it they will be down south. So long story short they called and asked if we would do it! It'll be December 13. I think it'll be fun and a cool experience.
        Teyshia is getting interviewed for baptism tonight and her baptism is still planned for this Saturday, so we are super excited about that! Margie keeps feeding us so we keep eating! They also gave us a Chirstmas tree for our house! It's about 3 feet tall and awesome! I bought some lights at Walmart and our place looks saweet.
      This next week we are so super busy I don't know if we will have time to breathe! Tomorrow we have leadership training, Thursday is ZLC, Friday we have a zone training meeting in Santa Fe, and then Sunday is our SMCM meeting in Santa Fe. Wooo! Wish us luck!
        We found a new investigator this week and it was cool how it happened. We were knocking an apartment complex and a lady walked by.  She smiled and waved but we couldn't really talk because we were waiting for the door to open. When we were done with that door, we turned around and she was still standing there! she said, "Are you Mormons??" Our reply, "Yup"   to which she said, "Come here and talk to me for a minute." When you hear that line it means either one of two things: 1.  All the person wants to do is bash. or 2. the person is actually interested. She was number 2! She was actually the manager of the apartment complex and was a Jehovah's Witness all her life until about 5 years ago. She's a really neat lady.
       Well I am going to try and send some pics of the baptism and what not so hopefully they work!
      Have a great week!
  Elder Turnbow
PS. Today I am thankful for my aunt Lynette who would cut my hair... I haven't had a good haircut in a long time :/
PPS I still don't believe it's winter here because I think it was in the 70s yesterday!

The whole zone with Elder Johnson of the Seventy


No comments:

Post a Comment