Blogger Templates

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Turkey Day=Different, but awesome!


DEER coolest Family of all God's Children  (Yeah Court, consider yourself beat ;)  )
 
So it wasn't the Thanksgiving I was used to with hunting in the morning, food, and football, but it was you might say even better. Thanksgiving really started the day before when one of our ward missionaries texted us and told us to come over for lunch and that he had people for us to teach. So we went and guess what happened!? He had a turkey and we watched him cut its head off and prepare it for Thanksgiving! Oh man it was fun to watch. I wanted to do it so bad! I took some pics for the not so faint of heart to look at. He had some less active and non member friends there that we had a good chat with as well. The funniest part of the whole ordeal was not one of them had ever killed a turkey or cleaned one before,so I found myself coaching them through the entire process. Good times.
 
We had two Thanksgiving dinners and I about didn't make it through the second one I was so full. Thanksgiving day consisted of eating until I wanted to die and teaching people about the restoration. It really doesn't get much better than that.
 
My new companion is Elder Johnson. Out of the three I could have gotten he was the one I was hoping for! He's from Portland, Oregon and played football in high school (corner) and loves basketball.  Oh ya, and he loves being a missionary, so I feel like it will be another awesome transfer!
 
So the downstairs of our house flooded the other morning. There I was eating my Captain Crunch and reading Jesus the Christ when I heard gushing of water going like crazy! It was coming from under our water heater and out of the toilet. By the time I got the water shut off (Elder Johnson was in the shower) It had flooded our kitchen and carpet hallway with a good few inches. My first thoughts were "I need Cliff Stokes!" We finally got hold of the rooter service and they came and snaked our drains. There wasn't anything plugged in our house, but outside by the street tree roots were growing in our pipe and plugged us up real good like. Our carpet smells really bad now, but hey it was a fun experience.
 
Krysha is doing really well. Keith and the family went to Kentucky for Thanksgiving so we weren't able to do her baptism, but it is scheduled for this Saturday at 11! Teyshia Kamakanamakamaemailalani Kamelmela (good luck with that!) is still doing awesome! We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ this week and the Word of Wisdom. Both went well and she is progressing really fast. She comes to church with Margie and goes to seminary every day still so she is one who has really embraced the gospel and the love of our Savior. I love teaching her and Margie and Jim. Jim told Margie that he hopes he can believe what we teach. He is trying to plant that seed and we have a ton of hope for him! Frank, did every person in Hawaii feed you when you would go over? It doesn't matter what time of day it is they always feed us something! It's always amazing too!  We were at a less actives home the other night and he measured our body fat and mine is 10 percent! It's not the 2-4 like it used to be...
 
We  had our meeting with the mission and stake presidency for the Rio Rancho stake yesterday and it went well. For every meeting I can't help but think of Dad or President Waldron, John, and Frank in meetings like that. It's funny to think of.
 
Well we have some crazy busy weeks ahead of us and a lot of work to be done that's for sure. Each day I am grateful to be a missionary and representative of my Savior, and each day I feel his love. This is wonderful time of year when people's hearts are softer than usual, so don't be afraid to talk about the gospel. I love you all!
 
Elder Turnbow
 
PS. Tell Aaron I love that fool and can't thank him enough for his amazing example to me!
 
PPS  Yesterday we taught sharing time for the senior and junior primary and it was a hoot! I remember looking up to missionaries and wanting to be like them, it's still weird to think that I am one... Kinda cool.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment