Blogger Templates

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I love this gospel!


Hello all!
 
Sorry we were unable to email yesterday, all of the libraries were closed due to Veterans Day. There was some good that came from it though... we were able to start playing sports an hour early! woo yeah! It's fun to read about the snow and cold you have been experiencing this week, because yesterday we were outside in shorts and tshirts playing baseball/softball! It was a blast. A less active member of our ward hooked us all up with mitts and bats and then he came and played with us. Not to brag or anything, but I was the only one to hit one over the fence. It felt good to crush it!
 
It sounds like it was a really tough and fun game last Saturday! Way ta be, Dyl. Great season!
 
Every time I sit down to email I try and look back on the week and it's all just one big blur! So much happens every single day it's impossible to remember it all. Mom, you would be proud of me though, I have almost filled my journal that Grandpa gave me.
 
President and Sister Miller came to our house Tuesday morning for interviews. While Elder Chalk was getting interviewed I had to teach Sister Miller the Atonement and cover all the points in 5 minutes as if she was a 10 year old girl. When all was said and done and it was over, I thought to myself there is no way I would have been able to do that at the beginning of my mission! It was fun. My interview with President was good as always. And Like a good coach does, he is always pushing to get every drop of excellence out of us. I think that's why our WS coaches are so amazing, and it is a quality that makes President Miller such a good mission president.
 
So some sad news that happened this week is Keith relapsed with smoking. It has been tough on him. He is taking it like a stud though and is getting back on track. It was just hard to see him slip. But we all know that you can't ever get out of a rut until you turn the wheel! He was supposed to baptize Krysha tonight, and that has been really tough too, but he understands everything. Her baptism won't be tonight though, we are still waiting for the wards decision on when best to do it. This ward is weird when it comes to scheduling stuff. Hopefully it happens this week!
 
We had an awesome lesson with Tashia this week! Margie was there and also Jim who is not a member. Tashia also had her member friend Maddi there. We taught the restoration and it went great. Towards the end I invited her to be baptized and she accepted! December 8th is when her date is. Margie got all emotional and bore her testimony to Tashia; it was a powerful moment. I love this gospel! Elder Chalk then turned to Jim and invited him to be baptized. The spirit was strong and I thought there is no way he can't be feeling this. Sadly he said no thanks though. We really feel like as we continue to teach them that he will progress!
 
Funny thing.... For some reason everybody has decided to start feeding us every single time we come over! One night this week we got home and were just sick from eating so much. Elder Chalk looked at me and asked how do I make myself throw up? I told him to stick his finger down his throat. He did, he threw up. It was hilarious! Good times.
 
Sunday we went up to Santa Fe with President Miller and President Sego for our monthly Stake Missionary Council Meeting. It went well! The ride up was not the most fun because President Miller gave us some correcting that needs to be done.  It was about some things that I didn't even know were not ok... haha  but the meeting went well and the ride home was more easy going and fun!
 
This week is mine and Elder Chalks last week together. He goes home next week so I will be getting a new companion. It's pretty safe to say that I will be staying in this area, but you never know! So you are pretty safe in sending things to my Rio Rancho address, mom. I'm glad Brother Montgomery was able to get that to you, they are an awesome family! I'm not sure when I will get the package you sent to the mission office, it'll probably be next week unless they bring mail to our meeting with Elder Paul V. Johnson. 
 
Things are going good here! I am secretly hoping that we can get some snow... I love snow! You all stay warm this week and have some fun! 

Much love! 
Elder Turnbow
 
PS. Remember that God gives every bird its food, but He does not put it in its nest!   -corny quote for the week that has good meaning-

No comments:

Post a Comment