Blogger Templates

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

From 170 to 250!


So I must start this email with a little thing I liked about Sunday School yesterday. It is found in the Gospel Principles book on page 142 at the top I believe, talking about things we can do to keep the Sabbath day holy. Pretty sure you can guess what thing I liked!
 
Before I forget, Brittin, there is a member of our ward here in Rio Rancho who was a companion of your dad's! Your dad trained him. His name is Brother Steffenson. Cool Eh?  Happy Birthday too!
 
So it was fun to be a missionary on Halloween! Well kind of, nobody wanted to meet with us for some odd reason. The trunk or treat Tuesday night was awesome though! We had a new investigator come with her fellowshipping family, and then we did a church tour with her! She didn't come to church yesterday, but she is progressing slowly. On Halloween a less active member invited us and a couple other elders over for dinner. It was nice and we all had fake mustaches to wear for the dinner. Walking around that night lots of people told us that we had sweet costumes, I felt cool. haha
 
We had a zone leader conference this week in ABQ and it was sweet! President told us some crazy news! So right now we have 163 missionaries in our mission, before the allotted amount was 170. Well....Now it is 250! Things are about to get crazy!! Also Elder Paul V. Johnson of the first quorum of the 70 is coming to do a mission tour next week and we are meeting with him on the 15. I am super excited. We have been super blessed with special visitors lately, and it's awesome!
 
Friday we had our monthly zone meeting in Santa Fe. I still get nervous standing up in front of the zone and training for three hours, but it went well! The lunch was super awesome after!
 
Yesterday Keith blessed the sacrament for the first time! He did a great job. Elder Chalk and I did it with him. I hadn't blessed the sacrament in a long time, it was neat to do it again. So hey Matt, it was your first week blessing the sacrament and I did it too! Cool stuff. Also for church third hour Elder Chalk and I did a training on the ward mission plan; it was fun and I think we got the ward fired up a bit!
 
We have some awesome new people that we are starting to work with! I talked about Margie Kamakoakalani-Wittkowske last week I think, but we went over there for dinner Friday night and it was sweet. They cooked Hawaiian food and it was delicious! I told them Frank went on his mission to Hawaii and that he came back fat and they laughed and said it didn't surprise them at all! So her husband isn't a member and her great niece tasha who is like 17 isn't a member either. We thought she was a member because she comes to church and even early morning seminary with her friends, but we got to talking to her and nope! So we taught her and she has a ton of potential, we are hoping to set a baptismal date with her and Jim (Margie's husband) this week!
 
A new couple that we found is Charlote and Rudy. We contacted them while they were moving in and then we went back to see them a couple days later. We talked to her on the porch and introduced the Book of Mormon and you could just tell she was loving it. So Rudy came out and we started introducing the Book of Mormon to him and she cut us off mid sentence! She then introduced the Book of Mormon to Rudy after just barely learning about it. It was so cool! We are going back to teach them tonight so hopefully it goes well.
 
Well I just typed all of that going 100 mph so hopefully some of it makes sense. If not I apologize! It sounds like things are great at home! It's fun to read about that's for sure. Sounds like Dylan is being a stud and tearing it up! So cool! This is sad to say but it pumps me up so now I am ready to go throw for 500 yards in missionary flag football! haha (I even bought some 15 dollar cleats last week.)
 
 
You all have an awesome week and cheer loud this Saturday!!! Demolish the Cougars! Love ya!
 
E. Turnbow
 

No comments:

Post a Comment