Blogger Templates

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Surprise Training


Wow it was fun to read about ya'lls week! Good stuff is happening for sure. I'm super glad the boys will be playing in November! It's a fun time of year. Just to clear things up right off the bat, yes that is my hand.
So about the subject of this email... When President Miller sent us our monthly calender for the month of October there was a specialized zone leader training set up for October 25, and we had no idea what it was. President Miller would tell us nothing about it, the only thing he would say is you won't want to miss it, and there may or may not be a special guest! No it wasn't President Monson, but it was President Nally! When I was in the MTC he was the first councilor in the MTC presidency, and he has recently been called as the new MTC president starting in January. His wife Sister Nally is Sister Millers Sister, so hence the connection and why he was able to come here and give us an awesome training! It was a fun day! I will forward a pic from Sister Miller.


Something fun we were able to do this week was service for the Hernandez family! They are a part member family who recently moved into our ward. Chris Hernandez, the husband, is not a member. They have a little farm of a few acres of hay, and a bunch of horses. We went to their farm and cut down some trees that were growing, and cleared some land around their fence. It was legit!  We had a good heart to heart with him while working, and he is so close to baptism but he doesn't want to give up a few habits. He's awesome though and gave us a good time!
We also had contact with another awesome part member family this week. Her name is Margie  Kamaokaukalani- Wittkowski cool huh? They are from Hawaii. She is a member but her husband is Catholic, we have dinner with them this Friday so hopefully we can teach the restoration and see how he accepts it!
Keith was given the priesthood yesterday and made a priest! It was awesome. He is all set to baptize his daughter Krysha on November 10! Wow that will be a wonderful day.
This week was chuck full of stuff let me see... Oh ya!!! Saturday morning we went to the temple!! Woo yeah!!! It was awesome. Elder Chalk had a recent convert going through so we were able to go. While we were there I ran into some members from both of my old areas, it was great to see them again. I never realize how tired I am until I slow down to a stop (which is rarely ever) So when we were sitting in the temple session it was super super hard to stay awake.  It was so peaceful in there and I had no idea how tired I was.
Yesterday afternoon we had an SMCM meeting with the mission presidency and Rio Rancho stake presidency. It was a good meeting. Our Rio Rancho stake presidency is a power house. They are great men!
We had two returned missionaries reporting in our ward yesterday, that was kinda weird but good becasue now they can come teaching with us! (it made Elder Chalk a little trunky :) ) Hopefully he can endure his last couple of weeks!


Well I believe that's about it for now... I will be on for probably another hour or so doing a report so if ya want to shoot me an email or send pics feel free.
Thank you for all the love and support that you send my way! I know all you returned missionaries know that this isn't all fun and games (most of it is though) so thank you for all the encouragement!
The weather here is awesome. stop. We have been playing football for pday. stop. I weigh over 190. stop. I love you all. never stop!
Elder Turnbow
Remember that the blessings always out weigh the cost.   Elder Erying.

No comments:

Post a Comment