Blogger Templates

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oh how great is my joy!


Hello,
 
So what a week! Conference yes was amazing! We were able to watch all the sessions from Saturday morning til Sunday afternoon. I loved it all! President Monson sure started things off with a bang didn't he? How cool is that! When he announced that my thoughts automatically turned to Dylan and what he will do now. Me Court and Dyl could all be serving at the same time! Just listening to those inspired men speak is evidence that this is the Lords church. No doubt at all. There is just something special about being able to watch it as a missionary too, it's just awesome.  With the end of conference it means that we are in suit season again. So we have to wear our suits everyday. I am sorry to say that my suits are really taking a beating!


Zone Leader Council

Last Monday and Tuesday I had the opportunity to go to Taos! Wow it's sweet up there!  We went to Angel fire too because I had to do a baptismal interview for them. It looks like home!  I had a really neat experience while I was up there. We pulled up for our first lesson that night (in a truck by the way :)) and I noticed a 1F Idaho license plate! So I was thinking hmm... I wonder if I will know this person.... I didn't know her but we sure did make a lot of connections! Her name is Lori Allison. She lived in the Beutler's rental home with her daughter at one point! She knows Wes, Roxanne, and Jordan! She said she knows the name Turnbow and Frank sounded really familiar. Anyway, her daughters name is Taylor Porter, she still lives in Preston there and is a senior at Preston. Her dad is Brandon Porter. So she's cousins to like Chaz Spackman and them. Cool huh!? Elder Weston's mom is a Porter too, so we were making all sorts of connections. Lori worked and Kelly's too and I asked her if she knew Jennifer Roberts and yup sure enough! So that was neat.  The missionaries are teaching her (She's not a member) And we were able to teach her a little that night and she wants to get baptized! It was awesome. I want to serve in Taos... Every person we talked to up there was already bow hunting or getting ready for the rifle hunt! Easy conversation starter.
 
Well we had transfers today and Elder Chalk and I are still together! Which means that I will get to fill my hunting tag this year after all! At the end of this transfer he goes home, so I will be the missionary "Killing" him. Hopefully he doesn't get too trunky....
 
Keith is now on day 10 without smoking!! He's doing great. We are now studying the lessons with him and having him teach them to us. It's awesome, he's learning so much more!
 
I'm glad to hear ya beat Malad! I had to do a little fist pump when I read that! Go Pirates!
 
So things are well here. Busy busy busy. Last week we did a zone training in Santa Fe and that went well. The work moves on everyday and i am grateful to be a part of it. Even if I'm that bee who works all his life to get 1/12 of the teespoon full, oh how great is my joy!
 
I love you all, stay close to the Lord.
 
 
Elder Turnbow
 
 
ps. ya'll better go get some wall hangers this week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment