Blogger Templates

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chuck Full of Awesomeness!


Dear family,
    
      I'm not really sure what happened this week, but it was incredible. The end. Seee ya next week!  
Gotta go!

   Elder Turnbow



Hey there!
     Ok so I was just kidding with the email I just sent. Sorry, I had to do it. It was exciting to hear that you are into the corn and things are going well! Sad I missed the pheasant feast... Good work on beatin the Dragons Matt.
Mom to answer one of your questions real quick... No, I don't get game day french toast...  I made it once for Elder Weston back in North Valley, But that is the only time I have had it. I live on frosted flakes, captain crunch, and milk for breakfast. sad.
      So I don't really know how to exactly write about this week, it was just chuck full of awesomeness. So Friday morning and afternoon was zone conference, and it was incredible, and an answer to my prayers. The topic was "Becoming a Master Teacher" It was great, I learned a ton! So zone conference was 7 hours of goodness and then right after that ended we all piled in cars and headed to El Paso Texas! To describe this drive I would now like all of you to think of the movie Glory Road and their first experience driving to El Paso. I felt like Bobby Joe Hill, Harry Flornoyd, and Nevel Shed. Haha I loved it, it was a great drive. New Mexico really has a beauty of it's own and I love it. It took us like 5 or 6 hours to get down there or so. There were some big dairys just outside of Los Cruces, it was cool to see! haha  It's crazy driving on the free way in El Paso because Mexico is literally right across the street! It's crazy how we were so close to Juarez and it looked like an entire different world. It was scary lookin too. There was a big crucifix on the mountain, and a huge spray paint on the mountain in spanish that said "The Bible is good, read it"
     We spent Friday night in a members home down there and then got ready for the mission conference. It was so awesome to have the entire mission gathered together, I was able to see some elders that I haven't seen in a while! I was sitting in the third row smack dab in the middle for the conference. So cool. Elder Christopherson said he wanted to shake all of our hands, so we were all able to file up to the stage and shake his, Elder Hallstroms, and Elder Wrights hand. There is no doubt that they are men called of God, and there is absolutely no doubt that Elder Christopherson is an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. I can't even begin to tell you about the talks all three men gave. One thing that we did in the mission conference is the zone leaders did a special musical number right before Elder Christopherson spoke. We sang Faith in every footstep. That was pretty awesome to be a part of. Sister Miller sent us a couple pics of us practicing i will forward to ya.  Elder Chirstopherson even told us what he is planning on talking about in general conference! Well he said either this one, or one in the future. It sounded super good. Well I don't really know what else I can say about that, it was an experience I will never forget. I took notes so you can read them eventually. One of the main focuses that I really loved was the Name of Jesus Christ, and Charity as the driving motivational force.
 On the way home we stopped in hatch and ate at Sparky's! It's a famous place in New Mexico known for the green chili! Wow it was good! I had a huge green chili cheeseburger and green chili cheese fries! A couple elders got a green chili shake and i tried a little and loved that too. My new personal favorite though is green chili ranch. oh my oh my!  
Well that should about do it for this week, it was a crazy awesome week that's for sure. It went by way too fast. I wish you all could have been there with me! Have a blessed week! Love you!  

 Elder Dallas Turnbow NMAM

No comments:

Post a Comment