Blogger Templates

Monday, October 22, 2012

Oh, the things you will do as a missionary!


Good morning family!
 
     I was thrilled to hear that the boys put the beat down on Soda! Not just Soda, but the pheasants too! Thanks for the good stuff to read about. It brightens my P-Day that's for sure!
 
This week was filled with many different and cool experiences I guess you could say! Friday afternoon we went to see a former investigator and right when he answered the door, he quickly ushered us in saying, "You are an answer to my prayers!" So long story short he is a minister for a unity church and he was performing a wedding in 15 minutes in his home but didn't have any witnesses. Well, we were dressed for the occasion (thank goodness :)  ) so we called and got permission and then were witnesses for the wedding of Don and Jessica, and my signature is on their wedding certificate. It was a neat experience. Oh, the things you will do as a missionary.
 
We were teaching a lesson this week to a man  and his girlfriend. We were on exchanges and I had a new missionary with me and we also had with us a member from our ward who is getting ready to leave on his mission.    He was drinking and offered us a beer, when we all declined that got him interested so you can imagine what topic we got into.  After some talking he looked at me and said, I bet you cannot look me in the eye and tell me you have never drunk a beer, even just to experiment! It was a cool thing to not even have to think twice or look back on my life. I could confidently and boldly say nope, I never have.
 
Things are going well here, it's still perfect in the day, but you can notice a little temperature drop in the evening and early mornings. Awesome weather!!
 
We get to go to the temple this Saturday! One of Elder Chalk's converts is going through and we get to to with her!
 
Sorry this is a short email we are short on time.
 
Have a blessed week! Love you!
 
Elder Turnbow

No comments:

Post a Comment