Blogger Templates

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The coolest thing happened.

Dear coolest family in the world,
 How are ya!? So we had transfers today and I dropped Elder Chalk off in ABQ, but I am still without a companion! He's coming from down south so I will go get him around 4 at the mission office. I am currently with another missionary until then. It's weird I don't even know who my new companion is yet, but there were three new zone leaders called this transfer so I can narrow it down to the two down south anyway. Guess you all will just have to wait and see!
Last week Elder Paul V. Johnson of the first quorum of the 70 was touring our mission, and we had a zone conference with him. It was awesome! The coolest thing happened. We all got there about an hour early to practice a song everybody would be singing, and Elder Johnson said he wanted to interview a couple missionaries. He picked three to interview and I was one of them! Honestly my first thoughts were "shoot what did I do!?" That went away fast as I thought "I'm worthy, and being obedient, so I think I'm ok." It was an incredible experience. He asked all about me, my hobbies, my plans, and my mission. He is from Logan, and said he was in weston/preston/dayton just 6 months ago so it was neat to make that connection and talk about good ole cache valley!  He then asked about my family. I thought it would be a brief thing but he asked about all the individuals in our family. It was cool! We then talked about President and Sister Miller, our zone, and a few other things. It was way neat. It's definitely something that I will never forget.
The Montgomery Family
It was mine and Elder Chalk's last week together last week and it was pretty good. A few of you asked about Thanksgiving dinners and I will say we are being well taken care of. The Montgomery's (Awesome member family) are going out of town this week but wanted to have a thanksgiving dinner with us, so on Friday night we had a huge turkey dinner with them and the Haye's. It was some good eatin! We already have 2 dinners planned for Thanksgiving so that will be good. I will try not to eat too much... 2 Nephi 9:50 "Let your soul delight in fatness."  

Elder Turnbow and Elder Chalk

Well I hope you all have an awesome Thanksgiving! I am grateful for each one of you and to be part of such an amazing family. I love ya!
Elder Turnbow
PS.   Mom I got the package today at transfers thanks a million! That is an awesome shirt you sent! I can't wait to wear it on Pday!  
This is the Oryx Brother Montgomery shot (which I will be coming back to New Mexico to hunt) 


No comments:

Post a Comment