Blogger Templates

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grinning from ear to ear!


Dear Family,

Hi!
How is everybody!? It's fun to read your emails every week and see what crazy things you have been up to. It always sounds like a blast! I am glad you are doing well, hopefully it can rain there for ya. It's been gorgeous weather here. Good luck chasing the gobblers!


Yesterday was "Missionary Monday!" Every missionary in the NMAM gets to go to the temple for a session! Wow, I love the temple. I was reminded with power how much I love the temple. I never forgot how much I loved it, but it was reiterated to me just how much of a sacred place it really is. I went with a lot of questions on my mind and stress like never before, and I received peace and comfort with lots of answers to prayers.

We were the first session to go in the morning, so President and Sister Miller were in ours; it was very neat to go with them. We were put in charge of assigning 3 companionships to clean the temple later that day, so naturally we assigned ourselves! Neither of us have ever cleaned the temple before so we wanted to do it. It was awesome! That entire place is beautiful. You can rub your finger along a base board for 20 yards and not pick up any dust, it's crazy. There were times I was vacuuming or something by myself and I just felt so at peace. It's so quiet in there. (Habakkuk 2:20) It was fun to get to go to so many places you normally don't get to see. At the end a couple of the workers there took us on a little tour to see some more of those places. So cool! 
The Ortiz Family
North Valley, Albuquerque


















Tuesday I went on exchanges back to my old area! North Valley!!! That is where I served with Elder Weston. Man, I love that place. Since I have left there it has now been split with Elders and Sisters, and they are both on bikes. It was fun to be on a bike all day riding the old streets we would walk and drive every day. The highlight of the exchange was the visit to the Ortiz family. There are no words that can describe my feelings properly for that sweet family. Ted Was baptized on August 18, 2012 and they have a temple date to go get sealed as a family on August 18, 2013 I cannot describe my joy! I cannot wait for the day to see them all at the temple. We were on bikes all day for that exchange, and it was raining and raining and raining, and I was grinning from ear to ear all day!! The Elder I was with probably thought I was crazy. As we were riding home for the day, we were a couple miles away and it switched from a down pour of rain to a big hail storm! I laughed and sang all the way home! I am weird, but I was loving it! (Boy, was I wet.)
  
Sunday we witnessed a miracle-- 9 of our investigators came to church! Only bad thing... none of them currently have a baptism date. Things have flip flopped on us. Usually everybody will say they want to get baptized and then not act, now people are acting and coming to church, but not accepting baptism. Church is a pretty amazing step though. I am a firm believer in revelation at church! We had a great lesson with Tristan this week, and he is praying with his wife for a baptism date. Good things are to come! I know it!
We are currently on exchanges with the assistants. I am with Elder Hanks. He is like my best friend on the mission, and one of my heroes. I have learned so much from him and love him to death. He goes home soon and I am super sad to see him go.
Things are well, we keep fighting the good fight! You all do the same! Lots of love!
Elder Turnbow




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment