Blogger Templates

Thursday, April 11, 2013

So run, that ye may obtain...


When trying to think of what to write you, I decided the best thing to do would give you a day by day "run" down... enjoy!
 
Tuesday: I was on exchanges in an area called Bear Canyon. It's up against the base of the Sandia mountains, and it's a bike area. You are either biking straight up or straight down. Let's just say it was a good workout, and helped me realize how out of shape I am. It was a blast though! As we would bike up the hills I was praying like crazy there would be someone outside so I could stop and talk to them :)
 
Wednesday: A pretty normal day for the most part, we did a lot of teaching and planning for our zone meeting and conference. Wednesday was our only full day this week to work our area, so we worked hard!
 
Thursday: Our monthly Zone Leader Council at the mission home. It is my favorite meeting of them all. I feel very inadequate being with the missionaries there; they are amazing. So we went to that all day, and then stayed up past midnight that night planning for our zone training meeting the next morning. We learned Sunday that we will no longer have zone leader council, and this is because of the new sister leadership thing. That should be interesting!
 
Friday: Zone training meeting! We trained the zone for 3 hours on what we learned at ZLC. It went great and I really do love teaching and helping other missionaries.
 
Saturday and Sunday: General Conference!! Wow, what a powerful two days. There is no way you can listen to conference and not feel the spirit. I saw Britton in the choir!!! I was sitting there watching them sing and then  "Hey... she looks familiar... Britton!!!!" I think it was her anyway? Correct me if I am wrong. You mentioned they were singing, Mom, so I figured it had to be.
           It would be impossible for me to mention just a few of my insights and things I learned at conference so I won't even try. For those of you who were at priesthood though did you like Elder Eyring's shout out for ABQ!? amazing that when he left here they were just barely organizing one stake. Now there is the ABQ stake, ABQ West stake, ABQ East stake, Los Lunas Stake, Rio Rancho stake, and Indian School stake. Also an amazing temple! Next Monday is our mission temple day! I can't wait! We will probably email Tuesday then just for the heads up.
          We were able to have 6 investigators watch conference, and it was a powerful moment for all of them.
 
One thing I did want to mention for conference that really stuck out to me was something President Monson said during the priesthood session. I will paraphrase. He said something to the effect of all the full time missionaries serving now will go home with in the course of 2 years to 18 months, and their replacements are among us now, the Aaronic priesthood holders. Instantly I thought of Dylan and Matt. It was a weird feeling when he said that, first of all because I am going to be a missionary for the rest of my life, and second because of how much this means to me now, I can't help but want all the missionaries coming out to be prepared! A mission is a very personal thing, it becomes a part of you, to think of having another missionary take your place is hard, so he better be good!!! I don't know if this makes any sense it's hard to explain, but you want those who replace you to be better than you, because I love these people, and can't imagine leaving the people in New Mexico if I weren't leaving them in good hands.  So get ready Dylan. You too Matt.
 
It sounds like you all had a good spring break! Stinks Dylan got sick, he must have partied way too hard! Matt harrowing by himself? What is this world coming too! He's still 5'4" 100 lbs right?
 
Love you all!
 
Elder T.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment