Blogger Templates

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Runners on your mark... Goodbye Academy Heights!


HEY!
          I have to start with a shout out (as Sister Turnbow did as well) to my family in SLC! It was fun to get those pictures and read all the little notes. It made my day! Thank you all very much. Also Mom I got the conference quotes you sent me. Thanks a ton! Those are way awesome. You know I love my motivational quotes :)

          Also before I forget. There is a Sister Silva here serving in ABQ from Burley, Idaho! She said she is/was good friends with Aaron! She wanted me to tell him hi! I don't know his email address because he never emails me... AHEM Aaron Ahem! haha

          Tenielle got her call here huh!? That's super cool! When does she leave? It's the best mission in the world! If you see or talk to her just tell her she got a good one! We will be excited to have her.

         Mom - It sounds like you did an amazing job on Sunday. No surprise there, you are amazing! Dad got pretty lucky! I still don't know how he tricked you so well. I will have to get tips from him in a while!

         I heard from my man Brady Bingham this week and it sounds like the gobbler chasing is a blast! I'm sure the boys are having fun. Track seems to be going well too! There is a kid here in ABQ who runs on his high school team, so I've talked to him a bit and I always think of Dylan and Matt!
        Dad- You always know what to say, I love your emails.
     Well you are probably wondering about the subject of this email, so I will get to it and let you know what has happened. Saturday night at 7:44 we were in the middle of a lesson, the phone buzzed and I looked at it real quick and it was from President Miller.. All it said was, "Can you be at the mission home tonight at 9?"  When that happens it's usually not a good thing. haha So we were both kind of scared. We went though, and President asked me to go to his office with him and we chatted for a good while. He called me to be an assistant.

      Elder Hanks and Elder Ballif are the assistants right now, it is the last week of this transfer and Elder Hanks goes home next week. They call assistants a week before the transfer ends so I can be with them for the week and be a part of all the transfer planning. So President told me that Saturday night, and told me I couldn't tell anybody besides Elder Eaton until Sunday night when he text the entire mission to tell them. 

      SO a lot has happened the last couple of days. I am so super sad to leave Academy Heights. It's an amazing place!! It stunk to leave Elder Eaton too. I feel bad because I left him to fend for himself for a week. He will be with other missionaries and do splits with the ward. He is an absolute stud of a missionary.

    So right now I am with Elder Ballif and Elder Hanks! If you recall from my last email Elder Hanks is one of my best friends out here, so I am excited to get trained as an assistant by him for his last week. ELDER BALLIF!!! I can't say enough good about him. We came out together! He is Spanish speaking so he is one transfer ahead of me. He is new to this too, so we'll be learning together :) 

   This week is transfer planning every single day! crazy. My mission just took a big turn-- there is no time to rest that's for sure!!  I was/am feeling very overwhelmed and inadequate. As I was talking to President Miller that night he invited me to pray to receive the confirmation that it was inspired. So I spent some good time on my knees and did just that. The next day during sacrament meeting I felt the spirit very strongly as I listened to a return missionary report on him mission. I knew it was an answer to my prayer. Today as we all sat together and started planning for the next transfer it amazed me at how much of a spiritual experience it was. The Lord knows what to do with missionaries.  

   Well I could share a lot with you and go on and on, but know that I am doing well and loving every minute of my mission. I can't begin to describe how much of a sacred experience it is. I have what many call 'Buck fever" right now. Or that feeling you get before a basketball or football game. Or when you are standing on the track waiting for the call "Runners on your mark!" I guess I kinda live for that feeling. I love all of these things! I am nervous and excited. The only thing I know how to do is my best. I know that if you put your heart in something your heart won't quit until you do.
       I love you all and pray for you as well! Thanks for all the support, have a good one!
Elder Turnbow
             

No comments:

Post a Comment