Blogger Templates

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Serving in a YSA Branch


Hey everybody!!
      Thanks for all of the emails and fun notes, It is awesome to hear from each and every one of you!
   Good luck to the boys with the district track meet! Dylan and Matt will tear it up this week for sure!
     It has been a really good couple of days for us in the branch! Yesterday was an awesome Sunday! I love the branch more and more each day. President Brown is the branch president and he is an amazing man. (Not just because he owns a huge ranch with amazing hunting :) ) He really runs a tight ship and is very missionary minded. Before I forget we will be at his house Sunday to skype home! I am excited to see you all. We are going for dinner at 530 so we will either call home before then or after then.. not sure yet.
First Ever Mission Leader Conference

      We had a really good lesson with Kyle yesterday. We taught the restoration, and after the first vision and asking him how he felt he said... "It felt like my heart almost stopped, it felt... really good." The spirit was super strong as we testified to him that he was feeling the spirit. It was a very spiritual lesson as his best friend Austin testified to him as well. Man I love being a missionary! I am super excited for Kyle.
      Desiree is still doing great! She showed up to church yesterday with a quad!  In our last lesson with her we taught the first half of the plan of salvation, and she told us yesterday that she finished studying it by herself and loved it! She is one who is feasting upon the word. It is so fun to teach her. Last night we watched the CES fireside broadcast, it was Elder Walker speaking and he talked on the Life of President Monson and how he set a pattern for us to follow to help us follow the savior. Desiree loved it! I loved it too, and I learned a ton. I thought of the people I have tried to pattern my life after that help me pattern my life after the savior. I thought of you my family, and church leaders, coaches, and the more I got to thinking about it the more I realized just how many incredible people I have been blessed to rub shoulders with.
     It is very different serving in a YSA branch and not a family ward, I am still adjusting but really loving it. The kids in the branch are hilarious and super fun to work with. They are all fired up about sharing the gospel!
Elders Turnbow, Hanks, and Ballif

    I love each and every one of you. I will be sure to pray for some rain.
   Have a great week, and I will do the same! (Bonus points for rhyming? I think so!)
Elder Turnbow



No comments:

Post a Comment