Blogger Templates

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Already to Harvest

     First let me give a shout out to Dylan, Bryan, and Caitlyn! Congrats on graduating and thanks for the announcements! You all look great! Also Rachel and Tukker! Thanks for the announcement, I happily accept Tukker into the family, a great addition I might say!  

      I'm sure it was a party today with Ricks beans and lots of good food! I hope you all had a great time.

      It was another fine week here in the great NMAM! We are in the middle of doing zone conferences right now. We did three last week and have 2 this week. They have all gone really well, It is great to be around so many amazing missionaries and get to help them every day. The theme for the zone conference is increasing faith, and opening your aperture. Elder Ballif and I are doing training on the blessings of baptism. Let me share with you some things from conference that President Miller and we are focusing on. In DC 4 it says the field is white already to harvest right? So using that President does his training on faith, and said that if you think you are called to an area just to plant seeds then that is a lack of faith. Powerful right? It's awesome! It's so true, the Lord is the one preparing people. He labors with us preparing people so it can be a never ending harvest. We have to take the DC 4 scripture as a promise. It's always harvesting season when it comes to this work!! After all, as much as we love the planting season, isn't the harvest what we all look forward to on the farm? 
          
      I had one of the neatest experiences on my mission Saturday. Ted Ortiz baptized his daughter Elizabeth, and I was able to go. It was such a special moment. He also confirmed her, and asked me to join in the circle. I can't fully describe to you the joy that I felt as I listened to somebody who when Elder Weston and I first taught didn't really believe in God, confirm his little girl a member of the church. It was a treat to be a part of that special day. 
Elizabeth's Baptism


       Well the YSA branch is having a huge FHE BBQ tonight and we are off to go contact the non members that come! This week we started teaching an awesome girl named Jessica. She played basketball at UNLV until she decided to focus on her education. She is dating a member and has been around the church for about a year. She was meeting with missionaries in Las Vegas and just moved down here for the summer. We are really excited for her. 

         So tomorrow we are heading down to El Paso Texas! Home of Glory Road! Oh, and I am not coming back to ABQ until Saturday! It's going to be a great week in the heat! We have zone conferences in Las Cruces, and El Paso, and then we are doing exchanges. 

          Yesterday we taught a mission prep class for the ABQ east stake. We did it in the mission home with President and Sister Miller. It was fun! A bunch of young little Elders and Sisters. They will be great. 

             You all have a great week and have a fun summer!!

               Love, Elder Turnbow

PS. Thanks for the pics and updates on everything, always fun to read about everybody's experiences! 

PPS. President and Sister Miller told me they saw Aunt Jenny and Kenny Wilkens on Sunday!  
          

No comments:

Post a Comment