Blogger Templates

Monday, June 17, 2013

The prettiest sunsets are in your own backyard...

Hey Family!!!
 
    This email may be a tad shorter because you just heard from me Friday, but we'll see what I can come up with! My heart is full as I read about one of my best friends back home, thank you for sharing that with me dad. Also, Happy Fathers day yesterday! I can't say it enough, but boy I am lucky to have a dad like you! Thanks for being tough when you needed to be, I think that is what I now appreciate the most. Yesterday the Relief Society gave all the men ties for "Future Fathers Day." They weren't just any ties though, they were pretty hideous! We all rocked them with style; it was a good time in the YSA branch.

Elder Turnbow, Desiree, Elder Ballif
    It was a great weekend in the branch as well with the baptism and confirmation of Desiree. Two great days! Desiree has come such a long ways from day one, and has gone through a lot to be where she is now. When I think of her conversion it's one of truly becoming like a little child. We have seen many miracles teaching her, and many many prayers have been answered. I will send pictures when I finish typing this.




     I am sure some of you are wondering what has happened with John. He is still doing great! We have not been able to meet with him since that day, but we have had connection through the phone. He is loving the Book of Mormon, and we are going to get him all set up to meet with the missionaries when he returns home. He is super crazy busy, but we are hoping to meet up with him one more time before he takes off. Every time I reflect back on that experience we had on those temple grounds I am humbled, knowing that we were able to be trusted by the Lord to help a man who has been on a journey for 7 plus years. I hope to always be the person the Lord can count on, so when he calls my number, I am always ready.
 
     Last night there was a huge storm out over the west desert. We had a great view as we were driving home for the night. The sky was full of lightning, and loud cracks of thunder every few seconds. With the final minutes of light, the sun burst through and filled the New Mexico sky with one of the most gorgeous sunsets I have ever seen. I love New Mexico. This place is sacred ground.
 
Have a great week, and go be a missionary for somebody in need! 
   
          Much love!
 
 Elder Turnbow  

No comments:

Post a Comment