Blogger Templates

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked.... Or Righteous.
Sounds like a great week at home with the cabin, farming, sports and dirtbikes! Thanks for the package I did indeed get it! The office staff and President and Sister Miller are looking forward to the jerky!  Also... Haley is having a baby!? No way!!! When?? AAHH that's awesome!
I honestly don't even know where to start with this week. It was crazy!!!! Tuesday we left for El Paso, and I didn't come back up until Saturday. We did three exchanges this week and 2 zone conferences all down south. El Paso is insane, that's all I am going to say. haha After being there all week I am pretty sure I speak pretty good Spanish. Ok not really, but I like to think I do. I memorized most of the first vision in Spanish for fun and can do it on a moments notice :) It's amazing how close we were to Juarez Mexico. It was literally a stone throw away, and we went through border patrol a couple times. It did not feel like America to me, I couldn't understand anybody!  I heard some crazy stories from members and people down there about the drug cartels and all that good gang stuff.
President Miller did his last zone conference ever Friday in Las Cruces. That morning he woke up throwing up so that was a little curve ball threw at us. Being the champ that he is though he was able to make it a little later and delivered a powerful conference. The Lord sustains his servants, and he truly was carried with the spirit for his last one. It was pretty emotional to say the least.
Saturday I drove up to ABQ with Elder Johnson! Elder Johnson was my companion during Christmas, he goes home next week :(  Saturday was a very special day for me. I was asked by somebody me and Elder Eaton were teaching in my last area to come back and baptize her. It was Corra, she is a sweet little girl. We helped reactivate the family, and it was just a happy day!


Corra Belle Tallow

Also that day we had a great lesson with Jessica!! She's the one who played for UNLV and played Volleyball in Europe. We followed up and asked if she had prayed about the Book of Mormon. She said the first time she did it didn't go well, but she tried again the next night and was just crying and crying. She said she tried to clear her mind of everything and just sincerely ask if this is what she needs in her life. She said when she did that she immediately stopped crying and felt a peace come over her. You could feel the spirit bearing witness it was an answer to her prayer even when she related that to us. So we taught about what it means to receive an answer to a prayer and what it meant for her, and then we set a baptism date with her! Her mom is against the church, so she is going home to Las Vegas in a couple weeks to tell her the news and then will come back and get baptized on the 12 of July. She picked the 12 because it's her volleyball number, I could completely understand that one! We are praying for her moms heart to be softened, it will mean everything to Jessica.
We drove to Las Cruces late Saturday night, spent the night there, and then Elder Ballif and I woke up super early to get back to ABQ by 9 for branch council. Church was great! We witnessed another miracle with Desiree yesterday. Desiree sorta fell off the map a couples weeks ago the week she was supposed to get baptized. She's back! Such a miracle and many prayers have been answered. She fell away because of her boyfriend, but he is moved out again, and things are looking good. We had a way good lesson yesterday, and reset a baptism date with her for the 15. We are stoked.
As we were driving home yesterday I was rethinking our incredibly busy/insane/tiring week, and I just had the biggest smile on my face. I was soo tired, but even more happy! That may sound corny but I don't care, It was a special moment for me. With the amount of sleep I have been getting lately there is no way I could do this if it wasn't truly the Lords work, and I love it.
Today we started transfer planning! It just never ends for us. haha So it's going to be another intense week. Guess what!? President Miller told us that the week before he goes home Elder Larry Echohawk and Elder Villa Real are coming to our mission! Elder Echohawk gave that amazing conference talk focusing on the native americans, and he is coming here to do a rescue for the natives, and they are doing a fireside as well. They have asked to meet with President Miller and me and Elder Ballif. So cool! I am excited to say the least. It is President Millers last week, and President Miller told us they are going to help train us a little more for the transition.
Well, those are the highlights, there is soo much more I could tell you but I am not that fastest typer. It is just so humbling to be a missionary, it is a privilege to represent my Savior and wear His name. Thank you for your prayers and love, it helps. Have another stellar week!
Love, Elder Turnbow
PS Next week is transfer week which means crazyyyyyyy...... So Elder Ballif and I get our PDay on Friday most likely. So you may not hear from me until then, so don't be alarmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment