Blogger Templates

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Where to Begin? November 26, 2013

Where to begin?

Well this week has been transfer week, so it's about as crazy as it gets!

Yesterday was arrival day, and it is always one of my favorite days of the transfer. All of our Spanish missionaries now come from the Mexico MTC, so we have two different groups fly in. Yesterday got a little crazy though when we found out that the flight coming from Mexico was cancelled, and Salt Lake was working on getting them another flight. We had to make some last minute changes. Haha So we took the English Elders and Sisters to the mission home and left them in the care of some zone leaders, and we went back to the airport to get the Spanish speaking missionaries. When we got there though we found out their flight was delayed another hour! We called the zone leaders with the new missionaries and said.. "We love you. Train them, take care of them, and go contact people with them!" We did the same thing at the airport. I had a neat experience during that hour wait. I sat down next to a Native American lady, and began to talk with her. I found out that she was from the Acoma reservation here in our mission, and she was waiting for her son to fly in to attend a funeral of a close family member. Immediately we started to have a good conversation, and I ended up teaching most of the plan of salvation. I could just tell she was a special lady. We swapped information and she said the Elders out there could come by and teach her more. I live for opportunities that that!  

Oh! Do you remember Dylan Salahein? He called the other night and as soon as we answered he began to read... "Dear Elder Salahein!" Oh man! I was so happy!! He's going to England Birmingham! He was baptized September first of last year. Miracles. I am so happy. 

This morning I listened to two of my past companions give their departing testimonies in the transfer meeting. Elder Eaton and Elder Ballif fly home tomorrow. I love those two very much, they have helped me in so many ways and we will be best friends for life.

Randy is all set for tomorrow! You should have seen him Sunday at stake conference. UNM got beat up real good by Fresno Saturday, so he was pretty beat up Sunday. He told us he was making a takle and his helmet came off, and he got cleated. Sweet cuts all over his face. He just looked at us and said "I still made the takle!" When we were filling out his baptism record with him we told him to sign it and basically said this is saying that you want to get baptized. He went to sign it, paused, looked at us and said "are you sure this isn't some double tithing document!?" He is hilarious. I will send pictures of the baptism. 

Congrats go out to the boys on a stellar season. I know you played your hearts out. You are more than state champs in my eyes any day of the week. 

Well it's about time to go conduct the afternoon session of transfers! Love you all!

THE Elder Turnbow (take that Dylan!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment