Blogger Templates

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Birthday Geese!


     Saturday was my 20 birthday as you all know, and it was pretty sweet! That morning we were sitting in our upstairs study room and I heard... honk......... honk....... honk... HONK HONK HONK HONK!!!!!!!!!!! GEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ran to our big window just in time to see a flock of 25 or so geese flying around! We live by a golf course with a pond and they have now been there for the past 4 days! Man, it makes me happy to see and hear them. 

     For lunch on my birthday the Montgomery's took us to Tucanos! It was also a really good day for missionary work too, we received a referral from missionaries in Colorado for a lady who just moved here, we went over and taught her, she has some potential so we will see! I got all the stuff you sent mom, thanks!!! That calendar is super cool. I will have Matt and Dylan know that the Captain Crunch they sent me didn't even last 48 hours. So thank you all for the sweet birthday gifts!
 
     So transfer news...... Elder Johnson is getting transferred. We were both surprised and bummed about the news. The Lord knows what he is doing though. We have got along super great for our six weeks together! So that means I will be here in Rio Rancho for another six weeks, and it looks like I will be training another new zone leader. It'll be another good transfer!
 
     Oh ya before I forget, thanks for the play by play commentating on the Marsh Valley game, Mom.   I could feel the intense atmosphere from here! Way ta be fellas.
 
     It snowed last night!!!!! All of maybe half an inch and it is now already melted, but it was still cool, and I still threw a few snowballs!
 
     Last night we had a really cool experience. We were trying to visit a family and they weren't home. A man was walking up to his apartment though so we stopped him and started talking to him. After visiting outside for a little bit, he invited us in and we began to teach! His name is Ash Kameila, and he moved here from Hawaii 3 years ago and is on his own. We taught the restoration and it went well.  He accepted a soft baptism invitation and said he would read and pray. It was a sweet lesson!
 
      Sorry this is a short email, we are kind of in a rush today. Just know that I am doing well, I had a happy birthday, and missionary work is the sweetest of all. Love ya!
 
Elder Turnbow
 
Holy cow! I almost forgot to tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
     This entire transfer with Elder Johnson we had fasted and prayed for a family of 5 to teach. It came down to our last week and we still had not found them, but this week we were going through our part member family list and came across the Domans. We went over and they let us in. The Dad is not a member and is super baptist. The wife is a member but less active. One of their daughters is a senior in high school, the other is a freshman, and then they have a younger boy. None of the kids have been baptized. Wow, it is amazing how prayers are answered. It will take a lot of work with them, but they are a super cool family!

No comments:

Post a Comment