Blogger Templates

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Two Boys from Idaho

Hey everybody!

     I hope you are all enjoying the cold weather! It has gotten a little chilly here too, and by that I mean it is actually comfortable to wear a suit jacket all day. 

     So my new companion is Elder Ashworth, and he is from Boise (hence the subject of this email). We totally called being comps! When I was in my first area getting trained he was in Los Alamos which is in the zone, we played basketball a couple times together. The kid is a stud of an athlete. Think back to my senior year of state track and you can probably remember watching him. He took state in all three jumping events, and 2nd in the 110 hurtles. He went to school at Timberline.  He is my first companion who is taller than me. We are super pumped to be together and we had a really good first week. Last night we set a baptismal date with a boy named Aiden, he is 14 and his 16 year old brother is a member. Neither of the parents are members, but they are open. We've been teaching him since I got to this area so we are super excited. 

    Probably one of the hardest things about being a missionary is when you know someone is feeling the spirit, and they don't accept it. Sometimes it's hard not to get frustrated, but then I think of Elder Hollands Talk the Atonement and the Missionary.

 In our area right now we are doing well, Elder Ashworth and I have high expectations! We are working with some awesome people who are really close. 

    In our first week together we had ZLC on Thursday, and then we went up to Santa Fe on Friday to do a zone training meeting. at ZLC the assistants did a training on the "WHY" of missionary work. Man it was powerful! One of them posed the question is missionary work worth it? Or something like that, and then they posted a huge picture on a screen of some of the of baptisms missionaries in that meeting had in 2012. Man it hit me like a tons of bricks! The most incredible feeling entered the room like a rush of wind. I started crying like a little girl and I wasn't ashamed at all, and that's because everybody else felt it too. I will forward you the picture if I can get it. 


  
Our zone training in Santa Fe went well! We have a lot new missionaries in our zone this transfer. We also have all brand new district leaders so we are excited to get to set a new bar for this zone! Good things are happening, it's a great time to be a missionary!

Mom you asked if we contact a lot, and the answer is yes! Nothing happens in missionary work until you find somebody to teach right Grandpa!? We try to talk with every person we see.

Margie Kamakaokalani bore her testimony yesterday and it was awesome! We are still working with her husband Jim. She bore a powerful testimony of her coming back into activity and the blessings that come from the church. Man it was awesome. 

Sorry this letter is kind of jumbled and all over the place, you will have to forgive me. Have a great week in the cold, and have fun!

Love ya, Elder Turnbow 

PS. If you have any questions for me please send them my way!

PPS. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY GRANDPA TURNBOW!!! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment