Blogger Templates

Friday, February 15, 2013

A Spring to My Step


Hello There,
     
We had Zone Leader Council this last week and President Miller gave us some very exciting news! Right now we have 164 missionaries in our mission, by the end of June it is going to be almost 250! Can you say amazing!? We have already seen miracles start to happen. This next transfer our zone is splitting. It will no longer be the Rio Rancho Santa Fe zone, they will both be their own! The Lord is hastening his work and we can all feel it. If there was ever a time to be part of such an amazing work it is now, you can feel the urgency to spread the gospel, and it has added a spring to my step. There are not words enough to describe the feelings that we are all feeling as representatives of Jesus Christ. We went to Santa Fe yesterday with President Miller and Sego for our last SMCM there, the stake presidency is excited to be their own zone. As we were driving home the sunset was incredible, and from the freeway I had a perfect view of Santa Fe, it was bitter sweet not knowing the next time I would be back. I love that place.


 
So Saturday night we got the news, I am getting transferred. I was not expecting it! I thought for sure Elder Ashworth and I would stay together for at least another one! I have been here for 6 months though, and it has been good for me. I have done a lot of growing and changing in this area. I am sad I will not be here to work with the awesome people we are teaching!

 
Keith and Krysha


I said goodbye to Keith and Krysha yesterday after church, and also Margie Teyshia and Jim. It's hard to say goodbye! It's amazing how much you come to love the people you serve and teach. I wonder if it feels at all like Christ felt giving the great intercessory prayer. All's you want for the people you teach is to stay strong! Today is my last day here, transfers are bright and early tomorrow. I am sad to leave, but excited to start a new chapter in my mission in a new area.
 

Margie, Teyshia, and Jim
We had a good lesson this week with Vickie Davis. As Elder Holland would say she is kind of broken right now, but God loves broken things right? I had a very strong impression come to me in our lesson. We were answering questions and teaching the restoration to her again and it was going fairly well, but something wasn't quite right. It was then that just like a news flash  a part of my setting apart blessing from President Waldron came flooding back into memory when he said "Be bold, be yourself, you will be successful." The next chance I got I told her I was going to be bold with her, and I was. I can't really remember what I said, but it seemed to work. She has a big hold up with praying, ever since she left the Jehova's Witness and Elder Ashworth invited her to pray and ask if God was there and loved her. Her response was "But what if he doesn't answer me?"  I then promised her he would answer. Her response "That's a bold promise, can you back it up?" We both said yes. The spirit confirmed the promise, and she said she would do it.  She is going to be an incredible member of the church. It is only a matter of time with her! She is the one who stopped me and Elder Johnson while we were knocking an apartment complex. I love being a missionary.
 
Well next week I will let you know where the Lord has called me to serve. I love reading your emails each week, they mean a lot to me! I have served around missionaries who have little if no family support, and my heart goes out to them. I hope you all know how lucky we really are.  I love you all!
 
Elder Turnbow
 

No comments:

Post a Comment