Blogger Templates

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Why I Love Dove Chocolate


Hi!
 
 Wow! Between reading about the basketball games and Ben's email about his mission and Mom's first class, my heart was pumping! I love you all, thank you for sharing such awesome experiences. I am almost glad we are emailing today so that I could find out the boys won last night! Good luck tonight!!

    My new area is Academy Heights! I am back in the ABQ zone! Me and Elder Weston served together in this zone last summer. It is a great place to be! I am very excited to be here to say the least. My new companion is Elder Eaton! He grew up in Seattle Washington but Lived in Logan for a few years after high school. he is six foot five, my second companion in a row who is taller than me. haha

    So first I must say this... I never thought I could go into a Deseret Book store and get just as excited as if it were a Nike outlet. We went yesterday for Pday and there are many things in there for missionaries. So cool. I spent a little money ;)

    Our zone is smaller than my last zone so a little less stress on us, but we have a lot of missionaries in the zone! We only cover one stake though so that means a few less meetings. The temple is in our zone! We have already went and walked around the grounds with an investigator and we are doing that tonight as well! The mission office, and home is in our zone too so they keep us very very busy.

      We are super pressed for time today so this will be short. I will share with you one of many miracles we were blessed to be a part of this week. Wednesday we tracted into a young man named Blaine. We taught him Thursday, Friday, set a date with him Saturday, and he came to church on Sunday! He comes from a very rough background in and out of foster homes his whole life. he is 17. It has been so incredible to see the spirit enter into him and change his entire countenance. The gospel does change lives.
       
Some say that a mission is like walking through a field of roses. While walking through you only feel the thorns, but looking back all's you can see are the roses. It is true in many ways, but I believe you can deal with the thorns, and always see the roses! The north valley ward meets in the same ward that the academy heights does. Sunday I saw the Ortiz family, Bryan Baker, and Catherine Christensen! Call me a baby if you will but it was hard to hold back tears. On Saturday Ted Ortiz baptized their 8 year old son, on Sunday he was ordained an elder, and confirmed him. There aren't words sufficient in the English vocabulary to describe the feelings of seeing this. I cannot wait for them to go to the temple as a family!  Bryan is doing amazing! his wife had their boy and she is living in California. Bryan is here for fighting, but he is moving back to Cali after this season. He fights tomorrow in SLC if you can find it on TV! He and his wife are preparing to go to the temple! Catherine is doing great as well; the members say she hasn't missed a week! It hurts when you hear of people you taught that fall away a little after, but seeing all of them on Sunday was just incredible.

Wednesday Morning I ate a Dove chocolate and the little message on the inside wrapper said, "You are exactly where you are supposed to be."  Oh how true that is!
 
Serving a mission is a very sacred experience, I love it.
 
Love you all very much!
 
Elder Turnbow!
 
PS. Guess what!? Elder Weston took my place in my last area! He and Elder Ashworth say my new basketball shoes are nice. Haha sadly I won't get them until March at our next zone leader meeting. That's OK though, thank you for sending them, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment