Blogger Templates

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I am happy and still loving every second!


Dear Family,
    
       Right after bowling last Monday I could not wait to get back here again to email you... I bowled a 130 something my first game, but a 217 my second game! I marked on every frame and bowled 4 strikes in a row. When I get home I will forever bowl in a shirt and tie, it's good luck!

Proof!


       So this week was super crazy! (Not much is new) Tuesday we went on exchanges with the AP's and I went with Elder Hanks (one of my heroes) to UNM. It was an awesome experience to be on campus all day. Believe it or not but it's actually been cold here the past couple of days, so that morning the branch set up a hot chocolate stand with free hot chocolate and mormon.org cards and everything. We were trying to let everyone know of an activity the singles branch put on called meet the Mormons. It was a blast! Being on campus all day I kept looking for basketball players and athletes, pretty sure I found some. It was neat to be contacting people around my age all day, we had some good success too!
 
        Friday we got a random call from the mission office after district meeting, and the next thing ya know we are in the transfer van heading up to Espanola with beds and housing things. The area split last transfer but the Elders are just barely now getting a place to live in their area so we had to go help them out. It didn't bother me any because I love the drive up there and it's a way scenic place. I love it up there!
 
        Maria who we are teaching is still doing really well, right now we are working to help her quit smoking. She has already gone from almost a pack a day to only 4 a day. She is really starting to get excited about everything and it's fun to see. Aiden is doing great, and he brought a friend to church yesterday! We have moved his baptism date to the end of February because of stake conference coming up and he needs a little more experience with church, but he is awesome.
 
            For the first time in my life I will say this, yesterday the Superbowl was annoying! We had a lot of missionaries text us and say things like "What are we supposed to plan for those hours? Nobody is going to let us in!" To which we would respond "do missionary work!" haha it was amusing. We had a rough couple of hours, but we did finally get let in with a family we could teach so it made it all worth it!
 
            I don't know if I have ever mentioned Mary Hazlett or not, but she came to church yesterday for the first time! Her significant other, and daughter came as well. Mary is the kind who "Really Loves God" She is hilarious and I love her to death. During sacrament I was a little nervous she'd get up and bare her testimony, especially when we went up there. She can't open her eyes without using her hands, so she takes the verse in Corinthians that says for we walk by faith, not sight very seriously. She's hilarious.
 
            I loved hearing about the temple experiences with Em, and of course the ball games last week. Life is good!
 
           Things are going well, I am happy, and still loving every second!
 
      Until next time, Elder Turnbow

No comments:

Post a Comment